Spicypai Backpackers

Check Pai Hotel Deals

Spicypai Backpackers Reviews

yoanna87 yoanna87
Absolutely great! May 08, 2012
Spicypai is one of my favourite hostels in SE Asia. It is quite new but extremely popular so make sure you book in advance as the place is always full so you won't get anything if you just turn up. I was even asked by a mototaxi driver if I had a reservation cause he knows how popular the place is.

The location is amazing. It is a bit outside of the town centre and the hostel is located just next to the field. It is a really beautiful place, especially when you wake up in the morning and go to sit in the common area with a cup of coffee. You can look at the nature and it's all so peaceful. By the way, the breakfast is included (it's basic but saves you walking to the town to get something to eat).

Everything is made of natural materials - wood and bamboo - I loved it! I stayed in a female dorm and really liked the room, it was totally different from the other hostels I stayed at. Mosquito nets are provided so that you can get some sleep without worrying too much about mosquitos. The only problem for me was that it was extremely cold at night and two blankets that were provided were not enough to keep me warm. I put all my warm clothes on but still was cold. I stayed there in february, the days were hot but at night it was totally different story..

The bathrooms were also in the same style, so it all looked the part. The showers weren't great but hey, you're in the field, you're lucky to have running water :D

The staff were absolutely wonderful! They knew everybody by name which was very nice as it doesn't happen too often. On the first night they organised a bbq and everybody joined. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great - I really had a good time there and got to know some nice people. On the morning that I was leaving the owner gave me a lift to town so I didn't have to carry my heavy backpack all the way there. That was really nice too.

All in all, I can definitely recommend this hostel to all budget travellers that want to stay at a friendly place that differs from other hostels in the area.
yarayarinha7 says:
Nice review, I'm planing on staying there!
Posted on: Jan 24, 2013