Spicy Laos Hostel

Spicy Laos Hostel Rates and Deals

Spicy Laos Hostel Luang Prabang Reviews

stray29 stray29
perfect for the go with the flow backpacker Apr 23, 2012
So here's the deal. This place is like, $2.00 a night and close to the night market and walking distance to Utopia bar. I'll be honest. The beds.. kinda suck. They DO give you lockers (bring a padlock) but theyre small. Not big enough for your big backpack, only your day backpack. Idk about you, but that was good enough for me. All I have is dirty clothes in my big backpack anyway. That is why I put the security so low though. As much as your backpack is probably fine, there are no doors to get into any of the dorms. Just a cloth. The beds are clean, but the property itself is a bit grungy with a bon fire and worn in hammocks.. I liked it though. In fact, I might go so far as saying I loved it. There's a pool table, a bon fire, a street stall right next to the place. They offer breakfast sandwichs and snake whiskey for free... if you're willing to try it. It's a low budget backpacker hostel, with tons of Laos character, complete with old wooden floors and funny signs all over the place. The bathrooms arent great, but you get decent warm water. You've showered in worse, I'm sure. It's not a flashy place, but like any hostels with character, you'll meet tons of people and at least have something to do (like sit drinking at the bon fire, or go to Utopia after hours bowling) after the annoying 11:00 curfew the city has.
Vikram says:
2$ is the dealmaker for me!
Posted on: Apr 23, 2012
uk_traveller uk_trave…
Great Family Feel Mar 29, 2012
The Spicy Laos hostel in Luangprabang is more like a big family house than hostel. Everybody goes out drinking together and when I was there (Oct 2010) they organised great tours, bus tickets and had good local knowledge.

Most nights people eat together, drink together and party together. We met heaps of people who we then travelled to Vang Vieng with, on a bus organised by the hostel it was great.

If you are travelling alone and want to meet people this is a great place to start!

It is hot and theres no aircon - but your in Laos so get used to it!

I would stay here again for sure!

Check Spicy Laos Hostel Rates and Deals