Beaney Lane, Melbourne, Australia
(03) 9660 3777
Spice Market Melbourne Reviews
Nice place to drink Apr 14, 2012
Nice cocktails (turkish delight), very strong alcohol content
Nice set out, Thai theme with bird cages, large bath tub and weird lights hanging near the bars
New session to dance on
Good food, but small portions.
Professional meting area friday nights, great place to hang out with mates
Mixed music and special event nights
Must dress to impress! not thongs allowed!
guys wear shirts, girls can wear jeans but most wear nice dresses
Located near the hayett hotel so good for those who are staying there, close to train station, cabs are sometimes hard to find late at night.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Classy night out Jun 25, 2011
Spice Market is a Melbourne night-life hot-spot. Hidden down a flight of stairs, you can usually find it quite easily on a Friday or Saturday night by looking for a long line snaking out of a lane way.
Spice Market is a classy venue and can be difficult to be granted entry if you're not appropriately dressed (men in shirts and leather shoes). However, the decor inside is opulent "Thai" themed.
Spice Market offers middle eastern / Mediterranean inspired food to pick at (they are affiliated with the fabulous and exclusive MoMo Restaurant which offers the same), and has a host of cocktails.
1) Classy crowd, usually aged 20s-mid 30s.
2) The atmosphere is quite buzzing, and they play a range of music ranging from commercial dance / house to old school RnB.
3) The food is good (recommended you avoid trying to order food on a Friday or Saturday night, as it is just too busy and crowded).
1) Door staff can be very harsh about entry dress code
2) The drinks can be expensive by Melbourne standards
3) Can get very crowded very quickly and there's no real dedicated dance floor.
1) Get there early if going on a Friday or Saturday night - it will increase your chances of getting in;
2) Dress up. I know when travelling it can be quite difficult to carry a nice outfit, but it will be required for this venue.