Speight's Ale House

Speight's Ale House - My yummy Cider

Speight's Ale House Queenstown Reviews

Sunflower300 Sunflowe…
Nov 19, 2007
Dinner this evening was in one of the places Paul from the Fly-by-Wire recommended. Of all the places I ate in Queenstown, I would go back to Speight’s in a heartbeat. Paul told us he eats here quite regularly, and I can see why, or should I say I could taste why. The food is delicious!

We decided to dine alfresco and sit in the beer garden. I don’t know why, but I was surprised there was no wine on the menu. Of course there wasn’t... this is an Ale House. Uh oh... I don’t drink beer. Now, I know what you’re thinking, an Aussie girl with German heritage who doesn’t drink beer. Well, what can I tell you...? So I ordered the Cider. What a score!

I was tossing up whether to order the chicken parcels, with marinated chicken, bacon, peach and soft cheese wrapped in golden filo pastry, topped with roast almonds and aioli on a bed of salad greens and crispy potatoes. Or, the Black Cherry Chicken – Bacon wrapped, stuffed with black cherries and cream cheese, oven baked and rested on creamy cumin and kumara mash, drizzled with a red wine (I got my wine) and cherry reduction. Lauren was going for the chicken parcels so I decided on the Black Cherry Chicken. I’m pleased I did, because it was delectable.

The portions were good and hearty, not leaving enough room for any of the delicious desserts; however, we weren’t disappointed as we were looking forward to a gelato from Licks ice-cream parlour (another of Pauls recommendations).

Since my holiday, I have found out that Speight’s is a chain of restaurants in New Zealand, so it doesn’t matter where you find yourself in this fine country, you can enjoy a fantastic meal at Speight’s Ale House.
Speight's Ale House
Lauren's Chicken Parcel
My yummy Cider
The happy patrons of Speight’s A…

Check Queenstown Hotel Deals