Speedway Raceway

speedwayraceway.com‎ - (602) 275-5278

Speedway Raceway Phoenix Reviews

acowboy acowboy
Girls Riding Karts In Bikini's ?!? Jan 16, 2009
Without having substantial go-karting experience (I've only been [serious] go-karting here and at F-1), Raceway gives a very fun experience. It's not posh, not "hip", and the employees are definitely not there to baby you and treat you as though "the customer is always right." In fact, more often than not my experience with the employees make me feel like a tiny ant who just crawled into crater, not really worthy of notice. So... perfect.

The experience is in the racing. You go, you initial in places to say that should you be really really stupid you can't sue them, you pay, grab gear, and race. They provide the carts, helmets, vending machines, and 40s retro style chairs for people to lounge and watch from.

The general format is 3 qualifying races and 13 actual laps, if you're fast enough. My first time racing, I was lapped twice in the actual racing itself. The last time I went, I lapped some poor sap twice. It was quite glorious. There's often quite a bit of difference between the karts, in power, maneuverability, feel, but it's for fun right?

Also, in the Entertainment coupon books and through them online, you can generally get 2 for 1 races. I highly recommend this. On Wednesdays, Ladies' nights, women can race for 1/2 off, and those in bikinis can race for free. I don't really recommend this.
CFD says:
Gotta love women in bikins riding go carts :)
Posted on: Jan 19, 2009