'Speed' the ride at Sahara Resort and Casino

Las Vegas, Nevada

'Speed' the ride at Sahara Resort and Casino Las Vegas Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Better than the roller coaster at NYNY May 14, 2010
Some people scream on roller coasters; me? I laugh uncontrollably. It's probably more than you want to pay for a roller coaster but Speed is not as violent as the roller coaster at NYNY (which will give you a headache). It's on the far end of the Strip that some people might not get too, but if you do one roller coaster, this would be the better one.

There are additional rides at Stratosphere (on the same end as the Sahara). If you just want to go up to the top without riding the rides, you can, but it will still cost you a couple of bucks. They have a package deal for the 3 rides on top-you can pay to go to the top, for one ride, for 2 or for all 3 rides. If I were you, I wouldn't eat before I go up there (or drink)
hannajax hannajax
Oct 31, 2005
Suppose one takes it for granted that a coaster is 'speedy,' but this one topped 70miles/hour. I screamed myself hoarse, needless to say. There is no time for anticipation on this ride. One is launched off at 0-45mph in secods so fast there is no time to react. As it drops down 25 feet below ground only to rise quickly up into a loop, it gains speed from 35mph to 70mph until you are shot straight up into oblivion, 224 feet that is, wondering how you will get back to point A. This is when the coaster goes into reverse and the whole nerve wracking experience is repeated, except this time you can't see what's coming and you think...'this is it, my life is flashing before my eyes..." and suddenly you are back at point A, 45 seconds that seemed like an eternity of hell.
photo: courtesy of Sahara Casino