Spalding Inn

Spalding Inn Rates and Deals

Spalding Inn Whitefield Reviews

Cherrybaby Cherryba…
Scary Groupon Aug 27, 2012
This Inn in Whitefield, NH boasts a claim to fame from being on the show "Ghost Hunters". At the time that my boyfriend bought this groupon, he didn't realize it. I wasn't particularly fond of staying here, but it was for one night and it was cheap. We stayed here on the 22nd of August 2012. The grounds and the outside of the inn are beautiful, but it did little for me once we saw the rooms. We had the opportunity to view two rooms(in case we did spend an extra night in NH). The room we viewed on the 2nd floor(which is believed to be haunted, as well as the carriage house,and the restaurant/bar downstairs) had just a ceiling fan. The decor was typical from I guess the time period, but it was not kept. We made the choice to stay on the first floor once we realized that we would be across from a family that had rambunctious children. We knew at viewing the website previously that there was no TV, so that wasn't a surprise for us. The first floor room was quieter and I liked the decor a little better. More country french and more light. The "king" bed we had was actually two twins pushed together, which was a little annoying. Parts of the wooden floor creaked, but I guess this was part of the ghostly maintenance. I don't mind that the inn was old, but after being on a television show, I thought that the rooms would be nicer. Our room included a chair with a loose leg, peeling furniture paint, and bad bathroom lighting. The front desk staff were pleasant enough and we ate at the restaurant/pub downstairs. It's a lot smaller than it is on TV. The food was ok. They kept it extremely cold which was a little uncomfortable. During our stay, we did not have any paranormal activities unless you count the bathroom lights flickering when we turned on the shower. The scariest part for us was staying here a 2nd night. Even with another groupon deal, it's safe to say unless some improvements were made, neither of us would stay here again. The Spalding Inn is for me more like the Sputtering Inn. It has great potential, but they are not even anywhere near close to it yet and that is not only ghostly but ghastly as well.
The sign announcing Spalding Inn
Front entrance of Inn-main building
Grounds near the side of the front…
Room 25- 1st floor bedroom

Spalding Inn Overview

The Spalding Inn is at the center of the White Mountains and offers views of the Presidential Mountain Range. The property is near some famous sites that include Santa's Village, Cannon Mountain, Mount Washington and the Franconia Notch. Outdoor activities include snowmobiling, snowshoeing, fishing, hiking, boating and skiing.

There are 36 well-equipped guest rooms at the Spalding Inn. Both The Carriage House and the Main House have rooms with either 1 king bed or rooms with 2 twin (single person) beds. In-room massage services are likewise offered.

The Spalding Inn offers 2 houses: The Main House which was built in the early 1920s and the Carriage House built in 1865. This historic accommodation provides a front porch, a fireplace in the lobby, free wireless Internet access and a complimentary Continental breakfast. On-site dining options include the 2 Kings Restaurant and the 2 Kings Pub.

Spalding Inn Amenities

• Hiking
  • Desk
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pub