Spa Ceylon

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Spa Ceylon Colombo Reviews

drmcflurry drmcflur…
Excellent but not Luxury Sep 06, 2012
Everytime I stop by in Sri Lanka I've always wanted to try out their massage as they marketed themselves as a very good brand. Having had a number of experiences with luxurious spas in the Maldives maybe my expectations were a bit high for Sri Lankan standards. I tried out one of their signature rituals and all I can say it was very good but not excellent. The treatment room in Park Street mews was a bit small for my liking and the walls were painted all black to give the sense of elegance (maybe). As with other complaints here I could definitely attest to the noise. Although there wasn't any party going on during my treatment it just annoys the heck out of me that you can hear heavy footsteps on some stairs nearby and when I tried out the Dutch hospital branch I actually had to tell my therapist to tell the other therapists in the pantry to be quiet. Not to be prissy but this is a spa after all and people come here to relax and not listen to their loud arguments. My massage treatment at Park Street was good but yeah they did not bother asking about the pressure during the treatment and I felt as though the therapist was in a hurry to rush the treatment.

I recommend this place if you're looking for a decent spa treatment in Sri Lanka but keep in mind the small things I mentioned and make sure you time the treatment. You paid for a 60 minute treatment hence you should get a 60 minute treatment and book in advance especially if you're interested in their longer rituals. Overall this place was worth the visit and a must after a long trip around the country.

One more thing, their foot and back massages are done in a common room on a lazy boy chair so if your uncomfortable about getting a shoulder rub underneath your shirt then you better skip this one. It was the first time I ever experienced this and it bothered me a bit since the therapist was getting oil on my new shirt and the scent stuck with you even after the treatment. I really just wanted to take off my shirt so he could do the treatment properly but I was concerned about the other people in the room. I just wished they told me this beforehand.
urtahc urtahc
SPA CEYLON, Is just a plain Jun 18, 2012
At 55USD you can have a 90minute full body massage in a very sophisticated ambiance in the heart of the city of Colombo. Originally a dutch hospital converted to a very well composed venue for night life and heath centers; the SPA Ceylon have its place just among the many stalls in the area. Local may less know about the exact name of the spa and even locating the the exact place is a bit hard unless one should learn to mention about "the Old Dutch Hospital". I made my reservations prior to going to make sure I will not waste my time waiting in queue. Luckily I got my turn when I arrived. The venue is very well designed. I am very impressed. The place manifest a professional services already. I feel confident and warmly welcomed by the guest attendant cum counter clerk (whatever) who ushered me right then when I arrived in their living place. I was served with hot tea and steamed towels. Despite the busy ambiance outside due to dinners and drinkers, the interior of the spa itself take the other way around. They provided music soothing enough to the acoustics it produces.Without much waiting I was asked by the masseur to follow him in the massage room. Inside is the full dim lit bed. The sound of the running water makes me slow. It directly smooth-en my muscle and I easily give up. I was told to change dress and he provided me with a disposable undies (netted). I am giddy to start my massage. I am thirsty of being pressed all around my body. The masseur was very careful and detailed on the sequences of his action. I do not feel any anxious feelings anymore knowing I am almost if not totally naked in the top of the bed. It was dark anyway. The massage went well but it did not meet up my expectations that I will be pressed hardly. The force was slight for me. However I was quite a little bit relieved. I was then told to take my shower after the session. All in all it was an average experience for me. I recommend going to the spa if you wanted to buy some organic herbal products no less than the tea and aroma items. They have the best and well package item in town.

Check Colombo Hotel Deals