South Pacific Chalets

ABC Beach, Pulau Tioman, Malaysia

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

South Pacific Chalets Pulau Tioman Reviews

mazuin mazuin
Awful Owner at South Pacific Chalets, Pulau Tioman Aug 07, 2011
As I was helping a fellow travel buddy, Fannieh from Denmark finding an accommodation for her trip to Pulau Tioman, Malaysia. I was calling to inquire and to make a booking to some of the chalets that is available in the Island. Most of the cheapest ones were fully booked.

With Fannieh's request, I called South Pacific Chalets to find her a room/bed.

I first spoke in English as the past few calls I made they prefer to speak English. Then I inquire on the availability of room to book for a few days in August, which would be within a week. The man who answered the phone answered the phone in a gush of stupid jumbled up English words. He started yelling at me and saying how everybody's booking, booking, and booking, and no one was showing up. And I was very shocked to see this type of attitude coming from a customer service frontier. Somebody needs to get their manners fixed. Especially this guy.

As he spoke English very badly, I knew he was Malay from the sound of his voice, So I told him, that he cant yell at me, I don't call to be yelled as I am inquiring on his chalet services and rooms. I reminded him that I am a customer but he kept on yelling and is very violent on the phone. I told him if he didn't want a business, then don't do any business. All this speech was done in Malay language, After I had to shut him up by saying a few Oi or rather a rude Hey in Malay.

I hung up the phone realizing that this man is never going to shut up long enough to listen or even apologize. He was in his own world of thoughts and rage and I couldn't be bothered dealing with people like such. I just hung up.

If he was this bad at having manners on the phone, Don't you think he will probably have bad ethics in business and honesty as well. It is one of the profoundly dumbest and aggressive person I've spoken to on the phone ever in my life. And this is just a phone call. It made me wonder what else would happen if I stayed on the phone and did book a room for my friend with him, Her safety could have been jeopardize as well, from this stupid enraged man on the phone who clearly has a lot of issues besides being bad in manners.

I clearly want to share this customer service review so that anybody who is thinking of going there tries not to. This is what I thought I need to share with everyone here in Travbuddy.
mazuin says:
Not to worry I found Fannie a good room at a place called Double Aced, at ABC Beach, Pulau Tioman. The woman who answered the phone, Jamilah is very nice, patient, attentive and friendly. Even when I ask her a super lot of question just to be sure. She just answers them. And told me not to worry. Probably should ask Fannie how her stay at Double Ace is afterwards. Kris wanna go out with me and Fannie this Sunday?
Posted on: Aug 08, 2011
iramalama says:
Posted on: Aug 07, 2011

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Pulau Tioman Map