South City Kitchen

(404) 873-7358

South City Kitchen Atlanta Reviews

huddleston huddlest…
Expensive Fried Food Apr 04, 2010
There has recently been a resurgence in southern fare in Atlanta (imagine that). People are looking for southern comfort while they are in Georgia, and many restaurants are finding new ways to give them just that. When I was in Atlanta, my friend Jessica, upon picking me up at the airport, chiefly asked, "where do you want to eat?" I had been pumped to get some "down south, home cookin," as i had been calling it all week leading up to my trip. I was in the mood for something 100% southern that is completely foreign to me the Coloradoan. I wanted real fried chicken!

We ended up at South City Kitchen. We went to the one in Midtown, but there is another location in Atlanta. It is a little boutique, chain eatery. I know boutique and chain in the same sentence is a bit of an oxymoron, but it is the only description that really fits. The place is uniquely modern with touches of southern flare. The food was quite delicious. i stuffed my face with fried green tomatoes, fried pimento cheese, fried chicken, fried potatoes, and of course green beans. I was also introduced to a Georgia staple. Sweet tea vodka. This is something you just couldn't find in Colorado until recently. I sipped on the alcoholic version of an Arnold Palmer which is simply sweet tea vodka, and lemonade! The best part of our meal was by far the banana pudding we enjoyed for dessert. I relished in the southern hospitality and savored the fried chicken. I left satisfied and maybe a little drunk (the way it should be).

To be brutally honest though, I was a bit put off by the price. I found it to be a tad pricey for the type of food that I ordered. It was quite delicious though.

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals