South America: some advices

South America

South America: some advices Reviews

surfercalavera surferca…
Nov 12, 2007
I would recommend starting your trip in Brazil or Venezuela and move down the atlantic side of the continent; fly to Paraguay, bus to Uruguay, and Argentina. Then Chile upwards to Peru, Machu Picchu is a must stop!!!) and then bus to Bolivia. Fly to Ecuador or bus it, and then to Colombia.

You could also do Colombia down to Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Bolivia, I would skip Paraguay and fly to Brazil and end in Venezuela. (This is taking the pacific side)

You must:

Hike to Machu Picchu in Peru

Visit the Galapos islands in Ecuador

Visit angels falls in Venezuela

Kayak Lake Titicaca in Bolivia

Spend a whole day in Rio, by yourself, and talk to as many people as possible!
joebear1978 says:
Could you send me your old itinerary this trip is exactly what i am looking for, joe
Posted on: Feb 18, 2008
surfercalavera says:
ROUGH! There were many times when I thought the bus would roll over or drive out into the oblivion.. but I was more tired than I could care for.... It took 10 + hours to get to Cusco from Lake Titicaca and it is 14 hours from Lima. Fare was not cheap either, about $80... good luck!
Posted on: Nov 12, 2007
Ann_Hells says:
hey! I was thinking of taking a trip through South America, so how good are the roads going down the Andes? I know that sometimes mountain roads in some countries are not paved which would slow everything down a lot.
Posted on: Nov 12, 2007