Sound Academy

www.sound-academy.com - (416) 649-7437

Sound Academy Toronto Reviews

heatherem heatherem
Decent concert venue in Toronto Aug 10, 2011
I've been to the Sound Academy for a few shows now, as with most venues you'll find there's some great things about it, and some not so great. I drove there from Barrie, my first time driving there it wasn't all too hard to find, it's in a remote location as far as Toronto night life is concerned, down at the docks. I felt very safe in where we parked, for shows they open up the private parking lot, unfortunately as with everywhere in Toronto it cost us $15-$20 to park during the event which I thought should have been free. I'm not sure if it was just the times I went there, but waiting outside in line-up there was an awful smell coming from the water, but we got used to it -- hey, there could be worse things in the world than having to pay $20 and put up with a weird smell to be able to see a band I like (I'd put up with much more for the same opportunities!). The sound wasn't so great the first time but the next 2 times I went it wasn't too bad. I was able to enjoy my drinks right up front (usually at a show that isn't 19+ they section off a drinking area away from the stage) which was nice. All in all not a bad concert venue, but honestly I'd go anywhere for live music.

Check Toronto Hotel Deals