Soul Kitchen Hostel

Check Saint Petersburg Hotel Deals

Soul Kitchen Hostel Saint Petersburg Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
'home away from home' Apr 03, 2016
The best hostel we’ve stayed so far.

Room rates are very affordable.

Its location is very central, near to major sites such as the Saint Petersburg Cathedral (5-minute walk,) the Church of the Savior and Spilled Blood, The Hermitage, The Winter Palace, The Marinsky Theater (about 15 to 20 minutes’ walk) just to mention a few.

Our room had a water view from the city canal. The water running through the channel is free from any waste and odor that most city canals have.

The staff are friendly and always available when their help is needed.

The hostel is quite huge with spacious room for the kitchen, living room, computer rooms as well as the shared bathroom.

We stayed in a private room with a queen-size bed. The bed is in an entirely unusual arrangement, but we have no complaints. (Check the photos to find out what I meant.) Nonetheless, we love it just the way it was set up. I also liked the decorative tiles of the bathroom floor.

The management provides fresh homemade apple cake every morning to all the guests. Also, Thursday nights are free-blinis (Russian pancakes) and free movies.

For those guests who needs transportation to/from the airport or train stations, the staff can call a cab for you, but they need to be informed at least a few hours before. They have the capacity to save you money versus calling for yourself a taxi.

They also offer free walking tours, but we did not avail on that, so I have no idea how they do with that.

I have no inhibition in recommending this place! To us, at least, Kitchen Soul Hostel is like a home away from home! The photos enclosed will speak for itself!
elevated bed
elevated bed
wardrobe closet
sink in the bathroom/toilet
EmyG says:
Cool name for a hostel :) I like cool names. My fav is Fat Mermaid from Scheveningen and Sea Salt from Oxford ;)
Posted on: Jan 02, 2017