Souk Lan Xang Guest House

Souk Lan Xang Guest House Rates and Deals

Souk Lan Xang Guest House Luang Prabang Reviews

g_wedders g_wedders
expensive but really smart Jan 23, 2011
First of all, I should probably say that this place is only expensive compared to other places we've stayed so far, we paid US$30 for a one night stay between two of us, so yeah, only comparatively expensive.

Located bang in the middle of Luang Prabang it's in a great spot, the rooms are big, the beds comfortable and it's absolutely spotlessly clean. The guys we encountered behind the counter were really helpful too. Fantastic.

The only downside to this place arose kind of from my own lack of alertness. We also stayed here for a further two nights later in our travels and we didn't check the price when we arrived, we just took the room. When we came to pay on the morning of leaving, 30 minutes before our bus left, the price had suddenly doubled to US$30 EACH per night. Even much discussion couldn't get him to budge and he had us over a barrel as we couldn't miss our bus. I realise this is mostly my fault for not confirming the price when we arrived and it doesn't really affect 2 otherwise very enjoyable stays here, just make sure you agree the price first otherwise you may end up getting bitten like we did (definitely no hard feelings though).
Vipin Vipin
Souk Lan Xang Guest House May 05, 2010
This building is a perfect mix of old and new - it feels very olde worlde with its wooden structure but has the sort of air conditioning and amenities that you would expect from a modern building. The bathroom was decently clean with hot water and a good shower pressure. The staff at reception speak average English, but it is ample for your stay there and get enough tips should you need them. The breakfast was decent too, which means that you save a bit of money not having to fill up at a local cafe first thing in the morning! I stayed in the cheaper downstairs rooms, and could hear the floors creaking from upstairs. However, this wasn't annoying but just takes adjusting to once you realise it's a wooden house. I think the rooms upstairs were fancier if you are willing to pay a bit extra. Overll, I found this a charming place to stay and am glad I turned up there. Would recommend the place to anyone.
drunkcone drunkcone
Hidden Gem Oct 26, 2010
This place is unreal. Stepped off the slow boat into a crowd of room-sellers. Sat down away from the scrum when a small voice said, "excuse me. are you looking for a cheap room?" Saw a small brochure and hopped in his tuk-tuk. Arrived to an almighty suprise! Clean well appointed room for nowhere near what it should have cost. Excellent bathroom, TV, EXTREMELY helpful staff and reasonably well centered. Definitely recommended.

Check Souk Lan Xang Guest House Rates and Deals