Sonnenwinkel Tirol

Check Ehrwald Hotel Deals

Sonnenwinkel Tirol Ehrwald Reviews

scptr scptr
Sonnenwinkel Tirol Aug 27, 2010
We stayed here for a week in july this year. The house consists of a couple appartments of different sizes. We had an simple one with a bedroom, kitchen/living room, bathroom and an sleepingbench for 2 persons (which means there was room for 4 persons to sleep). There also was an terrace with the appartment. The appartment was good, nothing to fancy or luxurious, but comfortable. We had free WiFi access which was a big plus.

Another great thing was the kindness of the owners, a dutch couple named Harco en Gisela, who loved to share tips and show us around and where overall just fun people to talk with.

Ehrwald is a nice small village, close to the German border, which consist mainly of vacationhouses like this one, and lies on a beautiful location, surrounded by beautiful mountaintops, an example of this is the Zugspitze, the highest mountain of Germany. What really surprised me is how quiet the region was. It probably isn't that quiet in the winter though.

I especially recommend this area if you like outdoor sports. With over 100 mountainbikeroutes, and a lot of walking and hiking routes to, as well as the posibility of doing things like paragliding or diving there really is a lot to do. I suggest for anyone who is going to stay for one week or longer in the area and who likes outdoor sports, to get the Z-Ticket. It cost 66 euro and gives you access to al the big skilifts, as well as other things like a couple of pools or an ride on the lugetrack. It is a lot cheaper than buying separate tickets.

All in all I highly recommend staying here if you're planning to visit Tirol. Very nice people, lots of things to do and not too expensive.

If anyone needs more information, please let me know.

Check Ehrwald Hotel Deals