Songkran Waterfestival

Songkran Waterfestival Bangkok Reviews

sabzero sabzero
Thai New Year's Festival Apr 15, 2008
Thai people celebrate their New Year every year in April

(usually from 12th - 16th of April) and it's called SONGKRAN!

It's a big Waterfestival and everybody is throwing with water! :)

So, if you don't wanna get wet - you are boring: stay in your hotel! ;)

Many people walk down the streets with water guns or with water hose and drench each other and passers-by.

Most thai people try to go back to their hometowns to meet their elders and pay them respect or go to a temple to pray.

You can celebrate it everywhere in Thailand but I prefer to stay in Bangkok or in my mother's hometown during Songkran!

If you wanna party, drive to Khao San Road in Bangkok during Songkran!

(check out my pics)

It is the best festival in Thailand, it's sooooooo much fun and I really try to fly to Thailand every year to join this festival!

Attention: If the days fall on a weekend, the missed days off are taken on the weekdays immediately following!
songkran @ central world
songkran @ kao san road
thai people @ kao san road
kao san road
he_le_nita says:
I must say I didn't think this to be "my thing" but ended up on khao san road on my way to the national museum and then laughed all day (not drug-induced). great fun!
Posted on: Nov 19, 2012
hayley499 says:
its great for a day or so but after a while it gets a bit much.
Posted on: Aug 15, 2011
alexgruden says:
I was in Bangkok at at time of Songkran this year, mostly at Khao san and Rambuttri Street.
I was a lot of fun, water, party.... It seems all thai people are on the street and celebrating their new year.

Will be back in 2011.
Posted on: Nov 18, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Songkran Waterfestival

Last day of Songrkan Waterfestival my mother and I decided to get really, really wet :-) First we celebrated the Festival at Central World and met my friend Rosi and her boyfriend Patrick. Later we d… Last day of Songrkan Waterfestival my mother and I decided to get really, really wet :-) First we celebrated the Festival…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals