San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Check San Pedro de Atacama Hotel Deals

Sonchek San Pedro de Atacama Reviews

geja geja
Staff not very helpful May 27, 2009
We stayed four days in this Hostal and had the cuadruple. The room was quite large and nice. The bathroom was a bit small and the curtain in the shower hangs completely wrong, so it sticks to your skin all the time.

In front of the room there is a little space to sit privately with a table and chairs.

There is also enough public space and a shared kitchen with fridge. Good enough to cook your own food if you like.

I used the option to clean my laundry. For 5000 pesos you can buy a washing in the laundromat. I was quite happy with the result. Everything became pretty clean.

So far the nice stuff. Ofcourse we don't blame the hostal for the lack of electricity during two days. It was a bit uncomfortable, but not their fault.

In those four days our room wasn't cleaned. Afterwards I understood I should have asked for cleaning. Why didn't the lady tell so, when my husband tried to hand her the key to the room?

Furthermore the staff wasn't very comforting. We were travelling with two small kids, age 4 and 2. The moment we would get outside around 8.30 in the morning, the lady would tell us the kids had to be quite because people might be sleeping! Yeah right. They weren't quite last night when our kids were sleeping.. And 8.30 is a decent time for kids this age!! If they didn't want kids in their hostal, they could have told us so in the email when we made the reservation.

Lastly I think they are overprized with 44000 pesos per night. They didn't give a discount for the baby or for staying four nights.
The front of our room (the cuadrup…
The public space.