Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing

Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing Rates and Deals

Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in Nov 03, 2010
I couldn't really find any recommended hostels for Chongqing online. When I asked an American couple I met in Chengdu they recommended me the Somerset. Not a hostel and well above my usual price range for accommodation, but I figured you have to splurge at least once during your trip, right? Besides, 'expensive' in China still means cheaper than a bed in a dorm in Amsterdam, so it's all relative.

It did not disappoint. Somerset is chain, part of the Ascott group and offers serviced apartments, rather than hotel rooms. While they cater mainly for the mid to long term stay, you can get daily rates as well. Very competitive rates, I might add.

The room was very tastefully decorated. It had a comfortable bed, a fully equipped bathroom, a kitchenette, washing machine and dryer, internet and a TV with home cinema set. Not that I had need for any of it, but it made me feel right at home here during my two-night stay.

There's also a swimming pool, a gym and even a children's daycare centre - everything an expat might need.

The service is impeccable. My first day I arrived late for breakfast. No problem, the staff quickly whipped something up for me...

The receptionist (who spoke good English) helped me with recharging my sim card when it ran out of credit. Generally every person I encountered in the hotel were very open en approachable, which is not always the case in hotels in China (slight understatement).

The location of the hotel is also very good. In the main business district, only a minute or so walking from the Liberation monument.

The Somerset is an excellent alternative for the many 5-star hotels in the neighbourhood. Usually if I stay at a fancy hotel when on a business trip it disappoints. With the Somerset I think I just found myself a new favourite chain to stay on business trips (or on those rare travel days that I like to splurge on a hotel room).
Somerset Jie Fang Bei
Somehow the view from my window at…
My room
My TV and home cinema set :-)
sylviandavid says:
I read that ..... then checked the pictures and didn't see them.... wow! how convenient!
Posted on: Apr 17, 2012
Biedjee says:
washer and dryer were in the room! They even included detergent! :-)
Posted on: Apr 17, 2012
sylviandavid says:
Was the washer & dryer near your room? ..... expensive? .... Always one of the hardest things to find....
Posted on: Apr 16, 2012

Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing Overview

The famed Pedestrian Street and the Great Hall of People are within close walking distance to the Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing, where the People’s Liberation Monument and surrounding park and museum areas offer tours through centuries of history and new modern miracles. Business travelers will be offered a short stroll to the important working districts of the city, making this Chongqing hotel an ideal choice for everyone. The Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing offers shuttle services to its guests, the light railway station is less than one mile away, and the airport is a 25 minute drive from here.

Guestrooms at the Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing number 158, and offer wireless Internet access, soundproofed comfort, valet dry cleaning and laundry, and satellite television.

The Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing caters to families, children, and business guests alike, offering pools and water features for young and old, modern and comprehensive conference and business facilities, onsite dining, a nightclub, massage and sauna services, and a fitness center.

Somerset Jiefangbei Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Towels
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Spa/Jetted Tub
  • Pool Indoor
  • Picnic Area/Tables
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Luggage Storage