Solo

Solo, Indonesia

Solo Reviews

o_dog o_dog
Aug 11, 2007
Solo is a small town located near Yogyakarta in Central Java, Indonesia. It is famous for historic kratons (Javanese old kingdom palaces) and local craft-making places. There are many marketplaces in Solo that sell antiques, Batik, and other ethnic products.

Although relatively a smaller town compared to other places in Indonesia, Solo has just about everything in between. A feel of modern living as well as hints of traditional lifestyle everywhere.

And while you’re there, get a ride on ‘becak,’ a traditional human-pedaled tricycle. Becak is a means of local transportation to take people from a place to another in short distance. You sit in the front – though it’s kinda small, so it probably sits one person or two very skinny people ☺ -- and the becak driver will pedal his tricycle to your destination. As the local norm goes, you must negotiate price and place before getting on the becak.

Related Travel Blogs About Solo

Camino a Santiago, en bicicleta
....................................................................................................Si decides hacer el camino, abre tu espíritu, cálzate las zandalias de peregrino, cu&…solo y en homenaje a mis padres (Erick y Margarita) Empecé por comprarme un vuelo de regreso desde…
Solo Travel : The Loneliness of the Long Distance Blogger?
'One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.Two can be as bad as one,It's the loneliest number since the number one.' - One, Aimee Mann Psychological Postcards Having blogged my fingers to fr…Solo Travel : The Loneliness of the Long Distance Blogger? Okay, I'll put my 'Let's be serious and talk…
Going Solo
In one week, I am embarking upon my first solo journey. I am heading to St. Louis to visit the gateway, experience the midwest, and chow down on some BBQ. All of which I am doing (for the most p…solo. I am setting off for St. Louis to visit a college friend. Like I said, not 100% solo

Check Solo Hotel Deals