Storgata 73, Tromso, Norway
+ 47 77 65 01 00

Solid Tromso Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
A nice local café Oct 02, 2013
Solid is a trendy café on the main street. It operates as a café during the day and a bar at night.

I haven't been there in a while and noticed that the café has had a facelift. It is still much the same, but the colourful cushions and decoration were gone. Now the walls are white and the interior black and steel. The sofas are gone, but the game corne is still there. There is also outdoor seating in the pedestrian zone.

Solid has good coffee drinks and pastry. When it's cold, their hot chockolate is great. Last time I had a chicken sandwich, which was disappointing. It was lots of onion and apples, but hardly any chicken. Now they only had two types of sandwiches (turky/cheese and brie/chorizo). Both looked very inviting. Their cake, cinnamon swirle and pain au chocolate are all very good. At lunch time you can also get toast, omelet, chicken and caesar salad.

There are always people in this place and at night it's packed. When they opened years ago, there wasn't any coffee shops like it, so no competition. Now there are plenty of others, but Solid is still a popular and busy place.

Service is also gotten better. Seems like a new guy is running it. Yesterday, when I ordered a latte, they had run out of soya milk. No problem, the guy asked if I could wait for 5 minutes, then ran out to buy some. He even asked me which type of soya milk I would like!

I can recommend Solid. It has a nice atmosphere and good service.
Sandwiches and pastry
Chicken sandwish
Carrot cake and chai latte
sarahsan says:
Tania, if you want a superb lunch go to Emma´s Drømmekjøkken!
Posted on: Oct 02, 2013
sweettangerine says:
Thanks Sarah, now I know where to go for lunch should I visit Tromso :-)
Posted on: Oct 02, 2013