Sokos Hotel Eden

Sokos Hotel Eden Rates and Deals

Sokos Hotel Eden Oulu Reviews

Marjis Marjis
Holiday Club Oulun Eden Aug 04, 2008
I was two days in Oulu and slept the night in Eden. For the first I have to say that it isn't really cheap (maybe most expensive hotel in Oulu), but because it is spa I wanted to go there.

I (I was travelling alone) arrived there somewhere around 4pm. Receptionist was really nice person and checking in was succeed without any problems.

THE ROOM was for two people (they don't have rooms for one). It was very simple and clean. It kinda felt a bit empty. There was two beds, table, three chairs (two of them were stools), mirror, lamp, blower and closets with iron and extra pillows in them. There was also bathroom with toilet, shower, basin, mirror, hair dryer, bathrobe, etc.

Bed was too hard for me (I know that it is suppose to be healthy or something, but I like about soft beds).

Reason why I went to Oulu was that I wanted to see one movie. Distance from Eden to movie theater is over 3 kilometres and I didn't want to walk that so I asked from reception when busses go to centre. Receptionist helped me without no problem (sometimes people in service industry seem to have problems with customers asking questions, maybe they are having bad days, but they shouldn't show that the customers). So service there is really good.

Next morning I did go to see what is the gym like and it seemed pretty good. I had with me only pants which weren't really good for excercising so I didn't try anything there.

BREAKFAST (includes in the price of the room) was delicious and versatile. There where food like porrige, many different kind of cereals, many different type of breads, cheeses, sausage, vegatables, pancakes (small ones) scrambled eggs, meatballs, many different drinks, people could make their own waffles and many other things. I have mention that place where breakfast was in was scenery restaurant that had view to Nallikari beach and ocean on other side and to hotel's spa on other side.

After breakfast I did go to spa, but I'm not gonna talk about that here (I think it is "Thing-to-do" in Oulu so I'm writing another review about it).

Like casually in Finland I had to give away my room by 12 pm.

I have nothing to complain about so I'm giving 5 stars. :)
View from my window.
My room
Stuff in the room.
Bathroom

Sokos Hotel Eden Overview

The Sokos Hotel Eden offers comfortable rooms with air conditioning and complimentary internet access. The hotel offers a fitness centre, a day spa and an outdoor pool as well as a sauna, a concierge and conference room(s). Oulu town centre is within a short 10 minute drive from the hotel.

The Sokos Hotel Eden caters for families with children offering a kids pool. For an easy and effortless check-in and departure experience, take advantage of the Sokos Hotel Eden's express check-in/check-out facility which takes away a lot of the usual hassles letting you get on with your holiday. Fitness facilities are available to patrons who'd like to keep an eye on their health and wellbeing while travelling. Wellness facilities include a solarium, a beauty salon and a jacuzzi, and a relaxing massage session can be requested.

Travellers wishing to socialise can take advantage of the Sokos Hotel Eden's bar, located on-site for your convenience. Guests can order room service 24 hours a day.

University of Oulu, Technopolis and Rotuaari are within easy driving distance of the Sokos Hotel Eden. Helpful front desk staff are on hand to assist to travellers, happily handling any requests or questions that arise during the course of your stay. Guests can see the local area with the hotel's bikes for rent.

Sokos Hotel Eden Amenities

• Massage
  • Solarium
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes