Sokol Hotel Suzdal

Check Suzdal Hotel Deals

Sokol Hotel Suzdal Reviews

Kramerdude Kramerdu…
Nice location right on Market Square and close to everything else Jun 06, 2009
Spent two nights in Suzdal at the Sokol Hotel. It was a decent place to stay, close to all the main activities in Suzdal (including the monasteries, churches, the kremlin, Musuem of Wooden Architecture, several restaurants, and a supermarket).

The rooms were small, but clean and well made. Not the most comfortable bed I had on my journey, but not the worst either.

Rate included a nice breakfast each morning with a variety of options.

While I wasn't looking for much, one thing I noticed was the stereotypical cranky, surly Russian staff. No one smiled or looked like they were happy to be there. Maybe partly because they were dealing with non-Russian speaking guests, but it seemed to me that this was the rule not the exception no mater the guests nationality.

All in all though I wouldn't have a problem staying here again if I made my way through Suzdal and have no problem recommending it to anyone who does.

Note - the photos provided by the hotel are an accurate representation of the rooms and dining room where breakfast was served.
Vlindeke Vlindeke
old fashioned hotel, chandeliers and creaking parquet floors Sep 07, 2008
Hotel Sokol is a ***-star hotel located at the central square of Suzdal. Yes, the central square, but don’t expect a lively atmosphere. Suzdal is situated in a rural area. At the same square you’ll find the local market where the farmers sell their own products.

We had a nice dinner at a local family (although I had the feeling this is just called ‘having a family dinner’, it still is a kind of restaurant). After dinner we had a couple of drinks at a terrace on the corner of the square. We had some difficulties making clear what we would like to drink (as we don’t speak Russian and the people working at the bar didn’t speak English or German), but we felt welcome and the drinks were very cheap in our opinion.

Room 307 is a big suite. Hall with a separate toilet. Lounge with a television. Double bedroom. Big bathroom. Very clean. Old fashioned furnished.

We had (a simple, but okay) breakfast in a room with nice chandeliers and a creaking parquet floor. I did like the atmosphere!

The hotel has a website: http://www.hotel-sokol.ru/

It is in Russian, you can click on ‘English’……. but that didn’t work the moment I was writing this review.
Glynnes says: