Sofrito

(212) 754-5999

Sofrito New York Reviews

ellechic ellechic
Authentic Puerto Rican cuisine Mar 24, 2011
This authentic Puerto Rican restaurant and bar in Upper East Side of Manhattan is alive with vibrant atmosphere, coupled with great food and drinks!

The food is flavorful and rich. The portion gigantic! Each main dishes is large enough for 2-3 people. Cocktail drinks are delicious with their variety of the all-time favorite mojitos and pina-colada, among other things.

Recommended dishes: Sofrito's paella, red snapper (fried or baked) with coconut rice, roast pork (pernil) with arroz con gandules, and skirt steak (churrasco) with rice and beans.

It's loud in this restaurant as it is a great venue for large groups, family and friends celebrating birthdays and just about any occasions!

Note: Any group > 8 people will need to order from a pre-fixe menu, with a mixed appetizer to share, choice between soup and salad, an entree, and a variety of dessert to share. Cost: $45 per person.

There were 9 people in my group, and including drinks, we all had to pay $73 per person, including tax and gratuity.

Price-wise, it was average considering the portions served. Each of us ended up having at least 2/3 of our main entree to go, plus the shared appetizer!
Sofrito [photo courtesy of eats.co…
TheVictor TheVictor
If your looking for Puerto Rican Food, look no further! Jul 17, 2011
Great Puerto Rican food and decent price!

There should be a warning on the menu saying "caution, portions could feed a family of 5"

I ordered my favorite Puerto Rican Dish Pernil and when the plate came out I was at a lost for words. I almost didn't know where to start! It looked like 1/4 of a pig was on my plate, loved it. The pork tore off easily like it was slow cooked. The skin was damn near ChicharrĂ³nes so I got a two for one on this deal. It came with arroz con gandules and a side of maduros. The portions are huge! We had a party of 3 and literally we could of all satisfied our hunger off that plate alone. The carne empandas were perfect and contained a lot of carne inside.
Pernil y arroz con gandules
hotspot_23 hotspot_…
Puerto Rican Cuisine Feb 07, 2009
Food here is really really really great, I mean really. A very large bar, alot of hispanic music by the bar, more hip hop in the restaurant area though. Nice atmosphere. BUT - we had to wait 45 minutes just to sit down. UGH! Even though the food was great and the atmosphere was great...its not worth waiting 45 minutes in 6" heels when you are already starving. They only take reservations for tables seating 7 or more people, so we had no choice. They staff sung happy birthday to about 50 different people tonight which made it difficult to have a conversation above and it also competed with the music. Overall decent place but I think I will try to go on a tuesday afternoon for lunch next time to avoid the crowds. :)
nik2blessed says: