Sofitel Wrocław Old Town

Check Wroclaw Hotel Deals

Sofitel Wrocław Old Town Wroclaw Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Nice Hotel in Old Town of Wroclaw Jul 12, 2014
I stayed at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town for a week while attending a business meeting. This hotel is billed as a 5 star hotel, and maybe it is for Poland, but by international standards it is a 4 star establishment at best. It doesn't really compare to other 5 star Sofitel Hotels, such as the one in Munich, which I have stayed at. Nevertheless, it is a decent enough hotel and the rooms have so-called "garden view", "city view" and "atrium view" rooms. I stayed in an "atrium view" room which looked out into the internal area of the hotel. Not a bad view, and better than anticipated.

This might be one of the better establishments to stay at in Wroclaw if you are there on business and want those amenities. It has a spa, business center, decent lounge, tasteful decorations and easy access to taxi cabs out front and centrally located right at the city central square. The rooms have free wi-fi and courtesy bottled water, but there is a well stocked mini-bar if you need that too. There is a small bar near the lobby on the main floor and a restaurant on the 1st floor. I didn't think the breakfast here was all that exceptional, but didn't try it for any other meals.

I have a complaint of note here in that the rooms often were serviced in the middle of the afternoon. I found this inconvenient as my meetings had a break in the middle of the afternoon, from 1-4 pm. I either had to put the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and go without service so I could rest for a bit, or be disturbed during my rest by the service staff. I did mention I wanted the room cleaned earlier, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I found this somewhat annoying and a disturbance to my afternoons in staying here. The cleaning staff were also overly noisy too in their rounds.

One other issue, and partly my own fault, is that I left written & stamped postcards in my room when I checked out. I gave instructions on where they were and asked that they be put in the post. Those postcards never showed up. I complained to the hotel a month after my return. To their credit, they were apologetic, polite and sympathetic in response. They noted sometimes postcards from Poland can take up to 2 months to reach the USA. We shall see, otherwise they were negligent in my request. I will update this review if the outcome changes.
Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town
Lobby - bar to the left
lobby - restaurant up the spiral s…
Lobby - reception
FoxyFauz says:
Congrats on the featured review! Good insight esp abt the postcards cos Sometimes u dont know whether it really Get sent out!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2014
haidgirl says:
congrats on your review! odd that they'd clean your room in the middle of the afternoon! usually the cleaning staff are in as early as possible...murphy's law! lol
Posted on: Aug 23, 2014
Dr_Seuss says:
Congrats on the feature Brian :) Is there any thread on TB TravChef is not on ;) :D
Posted on: Aug 21, 2014