Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Check Pasay City Hotel Deals

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila Pasay City Reviews

TravChef TravChef
Affordable luxury by the sea. Feb 18, 2015
If you were looking for something resort style in the capital city, Sofitel Phillippine Plaza Manila is your good choice.

This property has a nice resort-style pool area overlooking the Manila Bay. You can't really go on the beach but you can spend your day relaxing on many sunset bed in evening. It is around 20 minutes from the International Airport, which is a bonus given the bad traffic in Manila. Great place to go for a relaxing stay. The breakfast buffet is outstanding with many different culinary options. I ate dinner at both the Sport Bar, outdoor restaurant and the international restaurant in the hotel. The first two restaurant had decent food; but buffet dinner at the Spiral International Restaurant was magnifique (to go with that high price). The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I recommend getting a massage or treatment at the Spa, as the prices are quite cheap for a hotel and the service excellent. The gym is overlooking the sea so you work out with non-boring sight. You have a minigolf to practice on the ground behind the pool area. The staff are friendly but I have to say that the best part of my stay was the foods both breakfast and dinner. It's more fun in Philippine indeed. I will definitely return sometime in the future.
cotton_foam says:
Reasonable rate, too!!
Posted on: Apr 24, 2015
TravellinChic Travelli…
Service and maintenance could be better May 27, 2015
I've stayed here couple of times, partly because the annual card membership of Le Club Accorhotels includes one night stay in member hotels plus discounts in succeeding stays.

I've stayed in their deluxe room which is as much as it is spacious, was quite dated. This is more obvious when i discovered that the table has a broken drawer. Disappointing for a 5-star hotel.

I was also disappointed with the experience of their Club lounge in another stay because there wasn't much food options compared to Shangrila. Feels expensive for the value received. The lounge itself doesn't exude a lux feel compared to Shangrila. Drinks were also limited and has no sparkling water unlike Shangrila where I can have as many bottles to drink as I want.

I have dined here many many times and find the food great consistently in Le Bar. Service is awesome when the manager is around. Otherwise, the regular staff seem to not be as attentive and you will have to wait for quite a while to get their attention. Sometimes, I also had to remind them of serving the bread basket which should be SOP and swiftly served.

The Sunset bar has great view of the sea, pool and sunset. However, service there isn't consistently great. Most time, there seem to be a lack of staff to have sufficient attention/service to dining guests. Food is different here compared to other of their restaurants and although I was indulged to order something I want from Le Bar where there are dishes I like, this indulgence is not to be expected to happen all the time.

Room service food is surprisingly good even for just burger and fries.

The toiletries for the Club room is branded. If I remember right, it was lancome. It was ok. I actually enjoyed L'occitane in Shangrila more. Maybe if it was Molton Brown ;)

I went here for a NYE dinner feast and it was an absolute disappointment. It was expensive and early on, there were so many dishes that are already finished. The food weren't delicious as well so I tend not to like their buffet. The spiral one is different experience but I still find it expensive for the value offered.

The pool here is the best in terms of size and view. Very very nice. The only drawback is that if it isn't summer, pool can feel quite cold to swim in the night bec it isn't temperature regulated unlike Century Park.

I also go here almost regularly for my facial at their Vietura Aesthetic Center and find it a very nice luxe experience.
nolan nolan
Sofitel Philippine Plaza - largest pool with a great view of Manila Bay Nov 15, 2012
Two things generally come to mind when talking of Sofitel Philippine Plaza: the large pool system and a great location by Manila Bay. Oh yeah, they are also known for their restaurant Spiral but that's for another review.

While having undergone a number of owners (Westin used to own the resort many years ago), the charm of the Philippine Plaza is that closer to the cultural spots in Manila (as compared to other 5-star hotels generally near the central business district). However it is close to the two largest convention centers (SMEx and Philippine International Convention Center), government offices, the Cultural Center of the Philippines, and the enormous SM shopping center, the Mall of Asia.

This hotel is popular with families during the holiday season and with government/business travelers who do not expect to do much business in the Makati or Ortigas CBDs. You may also bump into airline crew who have just landed at the nearby Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

The view during New Year's Eve is fantastic (provided you are on the side facing the fireworks) since you will see the silhouette of the buildings line up along Roxas Boulevard beside Manila Bay. The hotel is also a good base of operations if one wants to visit the shopping centers nearby (Mall of Asia).

And for those who love lunch and dinner buffets, the Spiral restaurant is a very popular place, as people take time during lunch break to drive over and enjoy the buffet.
ahintofvanilla ahintofv…
Sofitel - One of the Good Hotels in the South of Metro Manila Jun 27, 2011
Sofitel is where you should stay at if you're just particular about staying within the heart of Manila, without compromising the usual luxury and comfort. It is pretty close to the Manila Bay, Mall of Asia Complex, Old churches of Manila, Luneta, Bay Walk, Cultural Center of the Philippines, and Intramuros.

We usually stay here during family events such as weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries. It doesn't necessarily come cheap but if you have their Membership Card, booking can be 20-25% off their published rack rates, that does help, right?

What we especially enjoy the most is the whole ambience of the hotel. The lobby just smells so good, almost like you're going to the spa. Therapeutic even. Reception area is quite an extravaganza, with all the staff waiting to welcome you. You'd also immediately notice how pretty organized it is, leading you to the several restaurants, bars, or the casino if you wish, although someone would be happy to show you the way.

Sofitel is known to have the biggest swimming pool among all the 5-star hotels in the whole of Metro Manila. I especially like it when the sun sets in, lovely view. When the weather is perfect, I like dining outside, always loved the view of the pool. When I go here only for drinks and not staying in, I go to far end of the pool, near the sea side, where the staff lays out several day beds. There's nothing like drinking a good cocktail while sitting and relaxing at their day beds.

Sofitel's biggest draw I believe would be its food. If you ever stay or would like to try their food, do not miss Spiral, their restaurant famous for the buffet spread, spanning all continents. I usually start off at the Oriental Section, their Chinese dimsum and noodles are a crowd-pleaser and you'd usually see a long queue. Don't skip their steak, you have to try their prime rib of beef. Their sushi's are also excellent, this is when I really eat a lot of salmon sashimis with lotsa soy and wasabi. Their cold cuts section is a good spread and they also fly in oysters and lobsters from across the country every single day. I also love the Italian section, while some colleagues rave over the Indian section. The winner of it all would have to be the desserts section: chocolate fountains, crepes section, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, cakes of all kind, ice cream of all flavors, and my most favorite, they have the best creme brulee in the world.

So over-all, when you want to enjoy your stay within the south of Manila while ensuring you have plenty of good food to complete your experience, you can't go wrong with Sofitel. And yes, you can definitely thank me later. ;)
salome1627 salome16…
the best hotel in Manila Jul 08, 2011
Very unique, luxury, 5 star hotel. I've stayed in 4 different hotels while on my trip last year. Sofitel was incomparable to other locations. I paid 150$ for very clean, comfortable room with balcony (I added the picture and the view from my balcony), TV, WiFi, air conditioning etc. They have security at the entrance and everybody is checked like at the airport. One could think it is annoying but knowing how dangerous Manila can be, it really made me feel safe.
the view from my balcony at Sofite…
ladymika ladymika
Great food, great service all by the romantic Manila sunset bay Nov 23, 2010
It was my birthday and so I wanted to treat myself to a lavish leisure overnight stay slash "work" and so I picked Sofitel as my next hotel to review. As a travel writer, I wanted to explore and truly experience Sofitel in the most basic way. An overnight stay. I booked my room online with the message that I wanted to meet the GM so that I would have an impression on how the hospitality is in this particular place. Surprisingly, Mr. Bernd Schneider -- the then GM -- was there upon our check-in. I was on the welcome line with Hillary Clinton and Justin Timberlake, who according to some accounts, ditched a press con slash welcome party just because. I was overwhelmed by this but after thinking about it, it just put my standards on a higher level. And so I shook his hand and told him that no special service is required and that I, together with my boyfriend, wanted to experience Sofitel in our own way. And so we did.

We had a bay-view room that had complimentary wine, chocolates and fruits plus a welcome note from the GM himself. Now this is what I call "personalized" service. These people clearly knew how to treat their guests well and in a very special way too. After settling in, we explored more of the hotel. The bay view was absolutely stunning! The restaurant/grill place below then called Treasure Island had very good seafood. Cocktails by the bay in hammocks or huge pillows without the sand in our feet! Best place to chill and watch the sunset.

For dinner, we could not miss the acclaimed "best hotel buffet" in the Philippines -- Spiral restaurant. The choices were just overwhelming. Almost all our favorite cuisines were there and they each have exceptional taste! You know what they say when it's a buffet and the bigger it is, the poorer the quality of the food seems to get? Well, Sofitel disproves this notion. From the fresh seafood and sushi counters to the cheese, pizza and dessert buffets, it's impossible to taste all these wonderful cuisines in one seating!

The amenities are special. The service is exceptional. This hotel, I would say, is one of the best in the Philippines.

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila Amenities

• Garden
  • Billiards
  • Golf (miniature)
  • Playground
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Jogging and exercise trail
  • Solarium
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Kids Club
  • Cots
  • Poolside Bar
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Executive Floor