Sofitel Munich Bayerpost

Sofitel Munich Bayerpost Rates and Deals

Sofitel Munich Bayerpost Reviews

KamenRider KamenRid…
Great service and great management Sep 03, 2014
I have stayed at Sofitel for most of my business trip at Munich. They have been very attentive to customer needs. On a few occasion, I had issues with the bathroom and they quickly provided an upgraded room. They have always provide a warm welcome to returning customer and their rooms are well equipped. Their room service items are great value, not expensive and very high quality food. The hotel itself is also located right next to the main train station.
spocklogic spocklog…
Sofitel Satisfaction May 18, 2013
This hotel is located right near the train station. Perfect location, but it is a bit expensive. I got a deal on 3 nights for the price of 2, so it was worth it for me. Look for deals with this hotel. I think they overprice and look to fill at last minute. It is worth while as this is one fabulous hotel. You wouldn't think it, being right outside the Munich train station, but it has an excellent facade in presentation. The interior is equally excellent and this is quality hotel you can tell not just on the outside, but on the inside as well. I was really impressed with this hotel. It has levels, and d areas, with dimensions for all tastes. It is a modern hotel, but with romantic places and thoughtful spaces. I would enjoy walking around this hotel at night after a day out seeing the sights. This is not something I often do and it speaks volumes for this hotel in my praise. I don't wish to over sell it, but I was just right for me and I pass along my experience in such ways. I tried to show some photo collections in coverage here too.

A five minute walk takes you to the center of Munich. From there, anything you plan is possible. Need last minute shopping? The train station is right there - good general stores down on the lower level for all needs. I scored some excellent gifts to take home with me here. If you can grab a good deal with this hotel, do it. You will be happy with the experience. It's a first class 5 star hotel wit all the amenities. I didn't mention the staff at Sofitel. There is a reason for that. They are so efficient I hardly noticed their presence. I may complain, go out for a few minutes, come back - it's done! I really liked that. There is room service twice a day too. It's not always we can enjoy such ways, but why not once in a while if the price is right. As Bob Barker says on the American game show "The Price is Right", 'Come on down..." and have some Sofitel Satisfaction. This is really something first class I seldom get to enjoy in such ways!

I did try the room service one night. It was quite good for an evening meal. Delivered well by the staff and very tasty too. I don't order a meal from room service often, but on this occasion I enjoyed it. All the comforts are offered here in the room comfort, attention to your needs, and excellent meals too. It all comes with a price, but considering I got 3 nights for the price of two, I thought it was well worth it and even splurged a bit on a room service meal myself. All around, I highly recommend this hotel. It was really something quite wonderful right near the main train station.
Sofitel facade
Room presentation
Hotel ambiance I
Hotel ambiance II
spocklogic says:
@Fauz - Thanks!
@Ben - Never been to Munich Oktoberfest. Seemed super crowded in the city during Christmas season and can't imagine what it's like during Oktoberfest!
Posted on: May 19, 2013
zenthoughts says:
Have you been in Munich during Octoberfest? Any recommendation on booking a hotel if I am planning to be there during the fest? Thank you for the review.
Posted on: May 18, 2013
FoxyFauz says:
Lovely photos ;)
Posted on: May 18, 2013
CortezRolando CortezRo…
Maybe I Need Glasses..... Sep 30, 2009
I'm a little late with this review as I last stayed here in 2009. I remember it like it was yesterday and Im writing this now because I had such a great experience that I am going back next month. It will be 2 years almost to the day. I walked out of Central Station in Munich and snatched up one of the waiting cabs outside. I threw my bag in the boot and sat down to tell the driver my destination. He looked at me puzzled and asked me to repeat myself in broken English with a German accent. So I did. He pointed to my right and said its right there. All I had to do was look to my right and walk less than 30 yards and the beautiful hotel I booked was staring me right in the face. Talk about feeling like a stupid tourist. I apologized profusely for wasting his time and I thanked him for pointing me in the right direction.

You know how you see picture of hotels or attractions online and they are nothing like it in real life? Well Sofitel Munich is the exception. The foyer, entrance, bar, lighting, reception and everything else was just as the picture said it would be. Sure, I splurged a little bit and for the luxury hotel. But that's what I work for. I had been working for 4 months straight without a day off and I wanted to treat myself. So I did. The room was better than imagined and so was the service. The fact that my favorite bartender downstairs was tall, beautiful, and dark didn't hurt either.

I was in town for Oktoberfest so I was right in the middle of the action. The main train station was yards away so was very convenient for getting in and out of town. Shops at the train station were open all hours of the night and the festival was only a 10-15 minute walk away. I just followed the crowd the first 2 times and after that I figured my way around and felt more than safe to explore and venture on my own.

I am looking forward to returning to my favorite and only hotel I have stayed in while in Munich but I do believe that the experience will be just as memorable as my last visit.

Moral of the story: When you walk out of a train station, look to your right.
Glynnes says:
Glad to see that you're able to relax. Are you planning to return for the Oktoberfest 2011?
Posted on: Aug 28, 2011
CortezRolando says:
My thoughts exactly Andrea.
Posted on: Aug 27, 2011
andreamylesa says:
Well who can ignore a spot that has attractive hotel bar staff. LOL Great review
Posted on: Aug 27, 2011

Sofitel Munich Bayerpost Overview

This Munich accommodation is located in the heart of Munich, in Germany. Guests of the Sofitel Munich Bayerpost will appreciate many places of interest nearby, including Nymphenburg Palace and Park, the English Garden, Olympic Park, Museum Brandhorst, Beer and Oktoberfest Museum, BMW Museum, the Cathedral Church of our Lady, and the Tierpark Hellabrunn Zoo. The international airport in Munich is just a short drive from the Munich Bayerpost. The city of Munich offers ample public transportation, but guests can also arrange for taxi services or a rental car. Many shops and restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel, as well.

All of the 396 guest rooms are richly appointed with premium bedding, a daily newspaper, wireless Internet connections, satellite televisions, mini bars, refrigerators, clock radios, irons and ironing boards, coffee and tea machines, and en suite baths with bathrobes, hair dryers, and luxury toiletries.

Many amenities are available to guests of the Sofitel Munich Bayerpost Hotel, including spa services, an on site restaurant, a bistro, a cocktail bar, an executive floor, laundry and dry cleaning services, a gym and fitness center, a sauna, an indoor pool, a Jacuzzi, and concierge services.

Sofitel Munich Bayerpost Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes