Sofitel Athens Airport

Sofitel Athens Airport Rates and Deals

Sofitel Athens Airport Spata Reviews

RoxanaLA RoxanaLA
Best Hotel Bed EVER May 10, 2010
As the title says, this hotel has the best hotel bed I've ever slept in. Obviously, this is an airport hotel so there is not much to do around here except for enjoying a good night sleep before or after your flight.

Besides the amazing bed (btw...I've looked into importing one mattress but it's too darn expensive so I'm still evaluating my options) the hotel is soundproofed so you don't get to "enjoy" the noise of the airplanes taking off and landing.

Lastly, I've traveled extensively for work and a lil for pleasure and I've slept in many many hotel beds, so I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to hotel rooms.
lacarte lacarte
a night before flight Mar 23, 2008
About 3 minutes walk from the airport terminal, and it is the only choice if you want to stay near the Athens airport. A single(double) room was 215 euros/night.
lacarte says:
wow, what an adventure! actualy you could use the bus from Syntagma. The X95, which runs 24 hours a day, 30minutes before night, and 1 hour interval before morning. the reason that i used the hotel was that i had two hard walking day on Rhodes, and so i didnt want to get inside the city and go out again.
Posted on: May 08, 2008
sylviandavid says:
We had the same choice... and chose to get a taxi at 4 AM from Athens... and he was nodding off at 100 miles per hour.... so he opened the window and froze us but we didn't say a word....haha... then David told him we aren't in such a hurry and he slowed waaaaay down..... but he was almost asleep so we let him... oh, yeah.... we got there safe but wished we had paid the 215 Euros.... Sylvia
Posted on: May 07, 2008
danielrice20 danielri…
Dec 29, 2007
This is a superb hotel. We arrived early, expecting to be asked to wait to check-in. Instead, they apologized for not having our room ready for us, and they gave us an upgrade! We felt like the staff was the most professional and hospitable we encountered on our entire vacation.

The room was incredible (particularly considering what we had paid, having used the early-bird booking special). Feather bed, slippers, robes, and a very posh bathroom.

The bathroom had a counter-top basin, a phone, hairdryer, and an impressive assortment of soaps, shampoos, and gels, etc. Bathtub and shower were located in a glass enclosure...,shower rained straight down from the ceiling, and there was also a handheld nozzle.

Swimming pool, restaurant, spa and sauna all occupy the top-floor. The swimming pool and the sauna were very relaxing, and impeccibly maintaned.

We had dinner in the rooftop was quite expensive, but the food, the service, and the view all made it worthwhile. We were also given 2 glasses of champagne, on the house.

The Sofitel is a 1-minute walk from the airport, but noise is of no concern. All the multi-paned glass ensures you will not hear anything from the airport at all.

My wife and I will definately stay in this hotel next time we are in Athens. It carries my strongest reccomendation.
EoinStewart EoinStew…
God Sent! May 07, 2006
This 5 star hotel is costly, but after a long flight there is nothing more inviting than what can only be described as a world class hotel, no matter its location.

Brilliant staff, service, and rooms that are pleasing to all 5 senses.

If I had more than 2 thumbs, I would raise them. As it is, 2 thumbs up!
Courtesy of the Athens Sofitel web…

Sofitel Athens Airport Amenities

• Massage
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shower
  • Pool Indoor
  • Cots
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Executive Floor