Sociedad Asturiana Castropol

Malecón 107, Havana, Cuba

Sociedad Asturiana Castropol Havana Reviews

robactor robactor
Great restaurant/café Feb 05, 2011
We didn't know exactly what we were getting into but we had been recommended this place by a friend. The very gangster like (but friendly) doorman asked us if we wanted to be in the café on the ground floor, or restaurant on the 1st. We opted for the restaurant. We got up there and it was a fully air-conditioned locale with posh looking waiters. The place looked like a very expensive restaurant here in Copenhagen and I got a bit worried that we'd be broke when we left. But the very nice waiter came with the menu and the prices were very affordable! We ordered the seafood paella, which was about 8 CUC, and the Langosta (lobster) which was 22 CUC. The servings were huge and very nicely put together and elegant! I got worried we wouldn't be able to eat up (but we did, oh yes we did). After about 3 hours of enjoying this fantastic meal, we paid up (about 40 CUC we spent there I think for food and drink), and went down stairs. It had started to rain heavily so we decided to have a few drinks in the café and that was also very affordable and nice service. If you're in Havana and tired of rubbish food, go to Castropol!!!!!

Check Havana Hotel Deals