Social House

+971 433 8640

Social House Dubai Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Italian restaurant with nice sushi! Feb 11, 2012
I had bought a ticket to ascend the Burj Khalifa, the worlds tallest building. My entrance time was not for another 2 hours, so I decided to have dinner first. I´m not too found of restaurants in shopping malls, but when I saw the Social House I decided to give it a try.

The restaurant is divided into two parts, one with a bar in the middle and wooden floor, which faces the mall and one with cobblestones facing the terrace. The main kitchen was open, so you could see what was being cooked in there. There was also another small sushi kitchen on the side and a coffee shop. A separate room was available for a party of about 18 people. This room had a separate kitchen. I found it a bit too hot to dine outside, but the terrace was nice. A great place to dine while watching the Dubai Fountain show on the lake in front of the Burj Khalifa.

The atmosphere looked very nice and from the décor it was obviously an Italian restaurant. After having had Lebanese and Iranian food for several nights in a row, Italian food appealed to me. I was seated by a very friendly and helpful waitress. It was when I looked at the menu, that it was no longer so obvious to me that it was an Italian restaurant. The first choices were sushi and sashimi. Italian? When I asked the waitress about the restaurant being Italian, she said that they were international.

The menu absolutely reflected how east meets west. The East menu features delights from Thailand, Korea, India, Malaysia and Japan. Greek salad, prime beef carpaccio with mushrooms, a variety of pizzas and pastas, beef burger and York-style fish and chips are just some of the features of the West menu. To complement the food they offer a selection of soft drinks, lovely juices and juice drinks, but no alcohol.

Since I was already tuned in on Italian I decided on ravioli. As a starter I had a Lebanese salad. The salad was nothing special, but the ravioli was okay. They could have added a bit more spice to it though.

The service was very good. The waiters were friendly, helpful and efficient.

On my second visit to the Dubai Mall, I decided to try their sushi, which I had read about and was supposed to be very good. I decided on a Dragon roll and a Philadelphia Roll. They were both excellent. Never thought that I would eat lovely sushi in an Italian restaurant.

If you are in the Dubai Mall and looking for a casual place to eat, a place with good service and a nice atmosphere, The Social House is a good option. I wouldn´t hesitate to eat there again.

Open Sun-Wed 8am-11pm, Thu-Sat 8am-midnigh.
The Social House
The Social House seen from inside …
Chokk says:
So little world :D
sarahsan says:
Christian, I enjoyed my dinner there on the 29th September 2011. Am just a little slow in publishing the review!
Chokk says:
or when were you there ;D
Chokk Chokk
Nice food and a nice place Feb 06, 2011
I had been busy all afternoon since I had woken up in my hotel room after my flight; Dubai had so much to show and I was getting hungry.

Inside the Dubai Mall there were loads of offers for both your stomach and your hungry eyes and it was just to choose one of them.

I had been walking to the other side of the mall from the main entrance and had just taken an escalator downstairs where I saw a restaurant that looked somewhat different from the others. It looked like a mix between a bookstore, living room and a barn. I quickly looked at the menu and decided to have my late lunch there.

I wanted to take something light because I wanted to have dinner later in the evening as well. My eyes felt on the Tuna Tartar as a starter and followed by 6 oysters. The Tuna Tartar arrived shortly after decorated nicely on a glass plate together with my 7up; they didn't have any alcohol otherwise I would have loved a glass of Chablis.

After finishing the tartar that tasted wonderful but was a bit small I had my oysters served. The oysters were served with union, garlic, vinegar and a little bit of chilli and were just perfect; I was precisely what I wanted at this moment. I ended my little lunch with a café latte.

The waiters were really swift, friendly and always with a smile. The price was absolutely not in the low end but manageable; the lunch ended with and amount of 148 local money or 30 euro.
Inside Social House
Social House
Social House Menu
Inside Social House
monky says:
Hi Chris congrats on your featured review!
Amrisalem says:
you may convert 1USD = 3.7 Dirhams. (fixed rate)
savitri savitri
Cozy restaurant at Dubai Mall Feb 18, 2011
We arrived at Dubai Mall too early in the morning and decided to have a brunch at the fountain area. We picked up Social house as it has the nice overlooking view of Burj Khalifa. Some of our friends haven’t been here yet so it was a time for them to look at the tower.

It was still early when we started to order ( around 10 AM ) and the restaurant was just open. I don’t think they were ready accepting any customer but they let us in. I order Bagel with Smoke salmon salad and a glass of latte. It was an excellent meal and cost me around 60 dirham. My other friends were ordering different thing and they were satisfied as well.

The location was good to watch the crowd around the fountain and definitely place to sit in the afternoon.
savitri says:
Thanks alot for the smiles and comments, friends!:)
Posted on: Apr 07, 2011
Amrisalem says:
you may convert 1USD = 3.7 Dirhams. (fixed rate)

Check Dubai Hotel Deals