Snowdome Xcape

Milton Keynes, England

Snowdome Xcape Milton Keynes Reviews

funinuk funinuk
Jan 30, 2007
Today Dave and I headed up to Milton Keynes about an hour and a half away to go skiing.

We are thinking about going to Switzerland to go skiing and as I haven't skiied since 1998 I thought we'd go along to see if I still had it in me!

We went to Xtreme, a huge complex that consists of indoor ski slope, ten pin bowling, rock climbing, indoor parachute jumping, cinema, ice skating and the list goes on.

The slope was about 170m long and had 3 slopes seperated by huge columns and were different levels of steepness, well just!

It had a Poma lift going up one side and in the middle and a rope tow for the beginners.

Got changed and hired some ski pants and grabbed our skis etc. Now it's been 8 years and things have changed, skis have gotten shorter and now have curved edges to make carving(turning) easier. My skis at home are 185cm, the ones I got were 140cm!

Got on the slope at 11 for 2 blissful hours of skiing. I was very nervous on my first run as I was scared the skills of a sport I love had escaped me and Dave made me go straight to the top without a practice! I have to admit the slope was equivelent to the average learners slope up the mountain anyway! But just like riding a bike I was off in a flash and had it straight away. It was so great to get back on skis, but the place was not challenging and you could'nt go really fast and there were no jumps. I think part of the fun of skiing is exploring new terrain and finding new jumps.

All in all well worth the money we paid and great to get a bit of excercize..........Switzerland here we come!!!

link to Xcape site