Snorkling and boat ride

Snorkling and boat ride - St. Johns, leaving

Snorkling and boat ride St. Johns Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
St. Johns, very poor snorkling Oct 11, 2014
We arrived at St. Thomas, USVI on the Princess cruise ship. We disembarked and waited on dock by ship for our Princess excursion that had to gather up its people. Then we all took a short walk to the snorkle boat nearby the Princess on the same dock. We road the boat on the beautiful ride through clean blue water to St. Johns, USVI.

We took a open air truck thing to our snorkling beach. I feel with 95% certainty that our snorkle was in Trunk Bay, but my field notes are fuzzy after the years. Trunk Bay was famous for an underwater self guided trail with a series of underwater markers set in stone. They had a small facility with pit toilets. There were no benches or chairs near the beach, so it seemed that everbody got sand in their snorkle finns.

So now to the snorkling, as we easily found the (about 15) underwater markers well located and easy to follow. Unfortunately there were no reef or fish to see. We just got some occasional sea weed to see. Thats odd because the off shore islands of St. Johns has very good snorkling. I felt ripped off, but I did get a wonderful boat ride round trip from Charlotte Amalie.
St. Johns, beach
St. Johns, near beach
St. Johns, Sylvia, beach
St. Johns, beach flowers

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

St. Johns Map