Snorkeling the Bahamas - Nassau and CocoCay

Nassau, Bahamas
Snorkeling the Bahamas - Nassau and CocoCay - This is the picture Dan took!
Snorkeling the Bahamas - Nassau and CocoCay - Starfish
Snorkeling the Bahamas - Nassau and CocoCay - Yellowtail snappers everywhere
Snorkeling the Bahamas - Nassau and CocoCay - I have a husband in the middle of all those fish.  He's taking a picture.
Snorkeling the Bahamas - Nassau and CocoCay - Eagle Ray
Snorkeling the Bahamas - Nassau and CocoCay - Parrotfish

Snorkeling the Bahamas - Nassau and CocoCay Reviews

PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
Marine life a-plenty! Feb 14, 2003
The free rating is because you'll need to find a tour guide to take you out and they are all different prices and packages. Your resort, hotel, or cruise ship will help you with arrangements or try finding it on your own via the Internet.

The Bahamas was one of my very first experiences with snorkeling. While there isn't much (to any) coral; the marine life is nothing short of impressive. Around Royal Caribbean's private island in the Bahamas (CocoCay) I have gotten up close and personal with large eagle rays, sting rays, large pufferfish, yellowtail snappers by the thousands, Sgt. majors (again, by the thousands), parrotfish, and many other creatures. We are never in the water long before we're signaling to each other and pointing out a new fish.

Nassau's best snorkeling is off of a boat while in CocoCay, some of the most spectacular sights are right off of the main beach (just get far enough out to be out of the crowd).

When in the Bahamas, chances are you're not going to see my husband and I out of the water... unless we're at the straw market picking up cheapo souvies for friends and family back home.
This is the picture Dan took!
Starfish
Yellowtail snappers everywhere
I have a husband in the middle of …
aelder2259 says:
What did you think of Majesty of the Seas? I'm booked for this November for a 4-night cruise. I've been on Freedom of the Seas (very impressive), but I know Majesty is a much older ship.
Posted on: Jan 28, 2011