Snorkeling in Puerto Galera

Puerto Galera, Philippines

Snorkeling in Puerto Galera Reviews

junartkim junartkim
Water escapades May 09, 2011
Try swimming, island hopping and snorkeling at Puerto Galera in the province of Oriental Mindoro, Philippines. It is a cool and nice place at an affordable price. Diverse marine ecosystem and clear waters await you here. Perfect bonding for family and friends too. Many say it's the alternative to Boracay because it also has white sands and exciting night life. When at the White bech, don't forget to get a hold of the famous 'Mindoro Sling', but do not get yourself drunk.

Island hopping is best done in the morning, stay in the accomodation at noon, then go and have a swim again in the afternoon till dusk.
junartkim says:
Right Shan, clear and simply wonderful.
Posted on: May 12, 2012
wanderinggoddess wanderin…
A Relaxing Weekend at Puerto Galera Apr 10, 2009
Sneaking off to Puerto Galera one weekend, I tapped some friends and boarded the earliest bus to Batangas pier and ferried ourselves to White Beach.

We checked in at Villa Montagna which is a 2 minute walk from the beachfront. I always favor the lodges away from the beachfront to be far from the noise and rowdy drunks like me come party time. Mostly, I've found out that the newer and cleaner hostels are those located at the back of the main beach. Most importantly, prices are lower and more negotiable.

Since the weekend was the schedule for the Earth Hour, we had a quiet time during that Saturday between 8:30 Pm to 9:30 PM. After that, it was bedlam. We partied a bit, sampled the famous Mindoro Sling, which is a mix of Tanduay, some Sprite, grenadine and pineapplie juice.

The next day, the main itinerary was island hopping and some snorkeling at Coral Island. I have been to some islands in the country but so far, the corals and fish sightings at Coral Island are impressive enough. Our bangkero dragged us all over the waters through the motorized bangka so that we could get good views of all the coral areas. We were just careful to avoid the stingy sea urchins and jell fishes. Two years back, I got stung by a jelly fish and I suffered that for almost a month.

The stopover at Tamaraw Island was unavoidable and anticipated at the same time. I love this island more than the White Beach of Puerto. It is quieter here and cleaner. Next time, i plan to stay at the Tamaraw Inn and get a more relaxed atmosphere.

All in all, it was a nice weekend overnighter. QUick and suave, just right for me to face the new week ahead.
stopping by Tamaraw Island
it is always nice to take a dip at…
Off to go island-hopping
beer buds...waiting for Earth Hour
Boracay1 says:
Wow...Sounded like a awesome experience / trip...I am hoping for some much needed party time and some really great scenery when I visit Boracay. I read some on Puerto Galera and it sounds very nice. Thanks for sharing the review...
Eric
Posted on: Oct 24, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Snorkeling in Puerto Galera

Weekend getaway
Our usual routine at Puerto Galera, swim, get a tan, get a massage, snorkel, go drinking, and tons of bonding. Below are my tips for taking a trip here: It's easy to go to this beach. Again being s…Puerto Galera, swim, get a tan, get a massage, snorkel, go drinking, and tons of bonding. Below are my tips…

Check Puerto Galera Hotel Deals