Snorkeling in Alaska

Alaskan Cruise, United States

Snorkeling in Alaska Alaskan Cruise Reviews

jcaunedo jcaunedo
Its a neat thing to do and then say you did (think its in Sitka) Sep 06, 2007
I did this while on a cruise. At first i was hesitant but then I met the other 4 people on the entire ship that were also single or traveling w/ their parents and they were doing it.

You get suited up w/ a fleece jumper and then a dry suit. It gets sealed around the neck, ankles and wrists so only a small part of your face gets wet.

You dont take a boat to get out, you just walk in and start swimming. Not the most amazing snorkeling ever, but still fun.

I went on an overcast day but remember seeing lots of purple coral. For a walk up reef it was pretty pristine.

The cold water didn't bother me a bit. Once you are suited up you start to get hot and while driving to the water you really want to dive in and stop sweating!

The water was thick with itty bitty jellyfish. I would do the frog swim to push them away from my face. I asked if they hurt and the guide said not too much and the only exposed part of my body was my upper lip. That gave me some comfort. I love being in the water and it was very nice to go swimming though the weather was cold (i am from miami, fl btw)
all of us!