Snorkeling In Maui

Maui, United States

Snorkeling In Maui Reviews

Asia84 Asia84
Aug 21, 2006
When we first decided to go to Maui . .i said, "cool, i'll go snorkeling". then i realized that i can't swim . ..

so then I got bummed out. I went online to find out about how well i need to know how to swim in order to do it.

well this is for those who were like me right before I got to Maui.

It's not that bad . . .the idea of being in the Pacific ocean with sub-par swimming skills frightened me. and the idea that there were critters (dolphins, turtles, fish) in the water with me was even more frightening.

I went on the Teralani 3 from Kaanapali Beach. they take you out to some other bay . . and they were very helpful. they send off the experts, and stay with you and tell you how to wear your mask, and what-not. they have floatation devices (waist belt, and boogie boards), as well as head gear and fins. they won't push you off until you are comfortable, and even then another crew member goes out further with you on their surf board.

while the water was super salty, i had a great time. and the fish kept to themselves. the dolphins don't come that far into the bay, so i didn't have them to worry about. but there were turtles! the size of a tire on a SUV!! they were mostly curious, but shy. they don't really wanna get close to you. but everyone in our group swam around them, so they were like right there. i'm not gonna lie, i was trying to get away from them. we're not suppose to touch them anyways.

anyways . . i had a great time, and i enjoyed looking underwater. i feel inspired to learn how to swim well, and not be the girl in the bikini who only gets wet waist down . .lol.

so try it . . it's fun, and worth the money.

Related Travel Blogs About Snorkeling In Maui

Molokini crater and turtle town snorkeling
DAY 3: SNORKELING DAY!!!! (UNDERWATER PHOTOS *UPLOADED 10/4/2008*)HERE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR DAY AND NIGHT I opened the the door and said “GOOD MORNING MAUI”.The girls went snorkeling at…MAUI.” I helped the girls carry their snorkel gear, I am now the snorkel gear bitch. “H” took photos…
Randomness from Hawaii
We spent several days cruising around and between the islands, stopping at roughly one a day.  Went snorkeling in Maui, which was great...too bad we used an underwater camera, so I don't have …snorkeling in Maui, which was great...too bad we used an underwater camera, so I don't have the pictures…
Good morning maui!!!!
DAY 1 ON OUR DAY OF PARADISEOMG of course my body is on California time. I went to bed at 12am Hawaii Time EEEEK and its 3am California time. I crashed and burned and I put the TV on sleep and alarme…snorkeled in Maui before. I wanted the girls to experience it.   After we all settled with our weeks…

Check Maui Hotel Deals