Snoqualmie Falls

Snoqualmie, Washington

Snoqualmie Falls Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Snoqualmie Falls - 370 feet of wonder Jun 23, 2010
We visited here previously in July of 2007, and enjoyed this 270 foot falls even with the water level much lower so late in the summer. This visit was much earlier and it really showed. This waterfall is just downstream from the oldest hydro-electric plant in the Pacific Northwest.

The super large free parking lot was near full, as it is most all the time. This is one of the northwest’s most popular waterfalls boasting about one and a half million visitors per year and they have built the viewing platform to accommodate not just the large crowds but the handicapped also. Even wheel chairs are easily rolled right out to the best views. There is a trail that leads steeply down to the river below the falls, and you can find fishermen down there too. And one of the best things about this whole place is that it is free. No charge, and pictures can be taken anywhere. You can spend some money if you want to at the souvenir shop and snack bar area.

The only downside this year was they are in the process of adding something on the far side of the upper edge that I decide to photoshop out of one of the my pictures. The results are what the falls may look like when the work is done.
Africancrab says:
Incredible. I love waterfalls. Those are great shots Roger.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2011
sarahsan says:
Looks beautiful!
Posted on: Apr 07, 2011
Traveling_Brian Travelin…
Nov 08, 2007
Snoqualmie Falls is one of the most (if not THE most) popular waterfalls in Washington. With over 1.5 million visitors each year, you can almost always expect a crowd at the falls. Prepare to fight for a good shot of the falls.

There is plenty of free parking nearby. The main parking lot connects with the falls by a walkway bridge. A platform has been built to provide visitors with a wonderful view of the 270 ft fall. The platform is wheelchair accessible. Pets are not allowed.

There is also a path that leads down the hill, through the forest, to the foot of the falls below. This path is more of a walk than a hike and does not require any specific level of fitness.

Next to the falls is the Snoqualmie Lodge, a famous and pricey hotel.

The falls are quite lovely, and it is a recommended stop for anyone traveling down I-90.
Snoqualmie Falls (full)
Snoqualmie Falls (half)

Related Travel Blogs About Snoqualmie Falls

Snoqualmie Falls
After having lunch with Shane's grandmother, it was time to head to Snoqualmie Falls.  I was observing the views and surroundings as my chauffeur, Shane, drove to Snoqualmie falls.  I espec…Snoqualmie Falls.  I was observing the views and surroundings as my chauffeur , Shane, drove to Snoqualmie falls
Day 1: Erin's visit (poohstanggt) - Snoqualmie Falls
Where to begin? Lets start with my friend Erin (poohstanggt) coming into town, and while she was here she wanted to see some local area sights. One of the things she wanted to see was the S…Snoqualmie falls. I heard this and said cool, I have some ideas - we can do stuff in  Snoqualmie
Snoqualmie Falls & North Bend Outlet Mall
I'd been talking to my friend Shane about the waterfalls I saw at Columbia Gorge when I was there in February.  Yeah, yeah...I know, blog still pending on that trip too!!! Someday, I w…Snoqualmie Falls which was only about a 45 minute drive away.  Shane was doing some research on different…

Check Snoqualmie Hotel Deals