Snack Time

Snack Time - Sheesha - LE5 per flavor

Snack Time Luxor Reviews

TravellingAuntie Travelli…
Incredible Nile & Temple Views, great kebab, and sheesha! Jan 21, 2010
This amazing hideaway is one of my favorite spots from my whole 3 week trip. Next to McDonalds and on a tourist strip, I was surprised, to say the least, to discover a true sheesha bar/kebab restaurant that in its own right would be wonderful. To also have a bird's eye view of the Luxor Temple from its fourth floor location is simply over the top. Why it wasn't jam packed every day (we went there twice!) with tourists and locals, is beyond me, although I'm grateful for it.

Fun also is the glass elevator that takes you up to the fourth floor, so you can view Luxor Square on your way up or down. We went all the way to the top each time there, although the first floor was always crowded with tourists and locals - more crowded than the 4th floor and with far lesser views and fast food.

We tried the mint & apple sheesha, the tahini, babaganough, kebab and kofta and of course the lentil soup and give all a high 5.
The view
Sheesha - LE5 per flavor
karulm says:
I think you're talking about The Roof. Snack Time is the fast food place on the floor below. But yes, the views are stunning!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2010
Cappuccino Cappucci…
Oct 29, 2007
Not easy to find a reliable place to eat in Egypt. You either risk it or go to Pizza Hut.

In Luxor we found this great place called Snack Time, located near McDonalds opposite to Luxor Temple.

During the day it works as fast food with very good sandwiches and decent salads, ice cream, cinnamon rolls (death to athletic body:), cappuccinos etc (European). The staff is really nice, the nicest I saw during my stay, helpful, polite, all speak English. It has three floors, with one open balcony where the view is fantastic - the center of Luxor and the Luxor Temple.

From 3 p.m. they open the 4th floor - The Roof, which is actually a separate restaurant not linked to Snack Time, but probably owned by the same guy. This is where you can have good Egyptian food. Really good menu with good prices, great view, fantastic sunset, you can smoke waterpipe, drink traditional tea.

Highly recommended as a place to chill out between the Temples.

This is exactly the case when cheap is absolutely not equivalent to bad!
View from the Roof
ourluxor says:
The Roof is a great little restaurant, with one of the best views in the world, Luxor Temple at night. Ahhhhhhh!
Posted on: Dec 02, 2009
jmatyczuk says:
thanks for the tip... I hope to try it out..

canadian jay
Posted on: Apr 14, 2008
mickey123 says:
i've been there!
that's very nice place!
Posted on: Nov 13, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Snack Time

Open Air Museum
Luxor is magical and a true oasis.  I could live here!  A smaller city, emminently walkable, gorgeous street views everywhere you look - the Nile, the Luxor Temple, sugar cane fields, …Luxor Temple from the Snack Time Restaurant.  It's next to the McDonalds and despite the name, the 4th floor…

Check Luxor Hotel Deals