Smyle Inn (Paharganj)

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals

Smyle Inn (Paharganj) New Delhi Reviews

YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
An average hotel at backpacker area Oct 16, 2010
Smyle Inn was one of two hotels that we booked before we went to India, because we arrived at Delhi at night. We ordered for airport pick-up from the hotel. We chose the economical one, the non AC. I didn't expect that the car is very old, but we had a good time in the car even the driver was trying to pass all cars and honking all the way to hotel.

From the main road of Pahargajn, we had to walk to a small dark alley, but not too far. The front desk is under the staircase and the receptionists had been waiting for us. He is nice enough as I remember, even not smiley or warm.

Our room is not too large but enough. The unique thing is the bed. It is a triple bed! I only know single and double beds, now I know that there is a triple bed ;D There are a ceiling fan and AC. There is also a TV with Indian channels that we don't understand the language ;D

The bathroom is better than the bed room. It is simple and looks modern enough, especially the wash basin. There is warm shower, yay! I need that ;-)

In the morning, they provide breakfast. It includes to the room rate. The breakfast was very nice and big for me, pizza toast, bread, jam, banana, cereal and milk, and juice. Yum yum.... We can have it at dining room or the roof top. All guests preferred to have the breakfast at the roof top, including Fran and Simsim. I had mine at dining room, cause I wanted to do it while I was checking our train booking.

The hotel provides several computers and free internet. The location is at dining room. They also have an information desk. The guy there is nice. He helped me checking our train booking ;-) The situation at the dining room and the roof top is much better than the front desk in my opinion. It is light and more modern, while the front desk is dark and old.

We also can order taxi at the front desk. We rented a taxi the whole day for exploring Delhi.
At the front door
Triple bed!
The bathroom
Dining room and computer room in o…
Jeshmesh Jeshmesh
Cheap and cheerful, with a free breakfast too! Dec 15, 2010
As far as I'm concerned, if you're looking for a cheap and cheerful place to stay in New Delhi, this is the only place to stay! Admittedly it's down a slightly dodgy-looking alleyway, but in Paharganj that can be pretty much par for course. The location's actually pretty good - just off the Main Bazaar about half way down, it's about 5 mins walk from New Delhi train station (and only a few minutes away from Sam's Cafe, which serves some of the best muesli with fruit, honey and curd I've ever had).

The staff here are incredibly friendly and helpful; there's always someone behind the desk at reception if you need them, and the hostel offers a cheap airport pick up/drop off service if you need it. Then there are the added bonuses of free breakfast, free internet access and bottles of water that have been kept in the freezer for a mere 5 Rs (nothing short of a god-send when you're in Delhi in the middle of the hot season)! Rooms are clean, bathrooms are cupboard-sized but have a toilet and bucket shower in them - what more could you possibly ask for??

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals