Smoke Hole Caverns

Smoke Hole Caverns  - Look for the sign

Smoke Hole Caverns Seneca Rocks Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Explore the caves Aug 16, 2008
On our way to our good friend on the other side of the mountains we stopped at this little tourist attraction. I had always wanted to go to see a cave and I finally got my wish.

We paid for our tickets, which were very decent. They were about $10 a person. You get a guided tour.

The start by telling you the story of the caves. Who used them and for what. Confederate soldiers and Native Americans just to name two.

You walk by a few places where the guide will explain in detail how the caves were formed, how a huge earth quake thousands of years ago affected them and lots of other interesting information.

The best part, of course, is the big room. It's called the room of a million stalactites. Now, I didn't count them, but there were a lot of them.

We had a really good time and if your journeys ever brings you by here, go check it out!
Stalactites
Stalagmites
more stalactites
Look for the sign
missandrea81 says:
That's where I wanted to go but we just happened to go right by this place. :)
Posted on: Aug 21, 2008
marksreynolds says:
You guys should check out Luray Caverns!
Posted on: Aug 21, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Smoke Hole Caverns

Exploring West Virginia
Hubby and I went on a little road trip this weekend. We headed towards West Virginia to visit some friends of ours. On the way there we stopped at the Smoke Hole Caverns (see review). Since I have a …Smoke Hole Caverns near Seneca Rock and we passed right by them, so we stopped and purchased our tickets. Now we waited…
Smoke Hole Caverns  Map