Smithsonian Teacher Night

Washington, District of Columbia

Smithsonian Teacher Night Washington Reviews

diisha392 diisha392
Smithsonian Teacher Night Dec 09, 2008
A fun evening for teachers! Every year the Smithsonian Institute hosts a night where teachers can gather and discover what this organization has available for education. Booths provide information on the various museums and on-line resources. Teachers can pick up lesson plans, informational packets, and other educational tools (and put all of them in their complimentary totebags). Some vendors provide short demonstrations. I especially enjoyed the presentation on a website designed around Latino music.

The museum itself is also open to touring (got to see an exhibit placing works by Georgia O'Keefe and Ansel Adams--one of my favorites--side by side), and refreshments (soda, wine, vegetables, dips and spreads, cookies) are also provided.

While the event is free, advance registration is highly recommended.

This year's event was hosted at the National Portrait Gallery; last year was at the Air and Space Museum.
up on the third floor of the museu…

Related Travel Blogs About Smithsonian Teacher Night

Smithsonian Teacher Night, Take Two
Having enjoyed Smithsonian Teacher Night last year, I decided to go again this year.  The event shifts location annually; tonight I found myself in the Museum of Natural History.I had forgotten …night and one of the main artifacts was part of a T-rex. I walked into the small lab with definite curiosity.  I had never had an opportunity like…

Check Washington Hotel Deals