Smith and Wollensky's

318 N State St, Chicago, IL, USA
(312) 670-9900
Smith and Wollensky's  - My filet mignon, yummy!
Smith and Wollensky's  - The split pea soup with ham
Smith and Wollensky's  - Kevin's steak with gorgonzola cheese on top
Smith and Wollensky's  - butternut squash side dish, tasty!
Smith and Wollensky's  - The exterior of the restaurant, not a great photo I am afraid.

Smith and Wollensky's Chicago Reviews

portia portia
Oct 15, 2006
This was the restaurant where 4 years ago I had the best filet mignon ever. It was tender and flavorful and just about melted in my mouth. However, I did not remember the name of the restaurant, so on this trip, we had to scout around and we did find the restaurant again.The restaurant is down near the Chicago River in "marina city". And it was not cheap either. But at least we got what we paid for. I had French onion soup, which was rich and delicious. Kevin had the house split pea soup with ham which he loved. My filet mignon was as good as I remember, ok, it did not actually melt in my mouth, but it was definitely tender and juicy and not chewy like the one I had at the other restaurant the night before. The side dish vegetable we ordered was a butternut squash, which tasted just sweet for us to feel like it's good enough for dessert.Service was excellent, the waitress was attentive, and we had a great meal.
The split pea soup with ham
Kevin's steak with gorgonzola chee…
butternut squash side dish, tasty!
My filet mignon, yummy!