Smart Russell Square

Smart Russell Square Rates and Deals

Smart Russell Square London Reviews

aotw aotw
Good location May 14, 2009
The only reason to stay at that hostel it's the location.

I didn't really like it because of the complicated process for check in and check out, the beds, the showers.

Check in : They don't explain you anything if you don't ask. When I got the room, I looked for the locker and found out that I have to ask the reception for it, so I went down, they ask me which bed number do you have ? I had to go up and down again for that... they should know which lockers are available or not, in my opinion.

Beds : they are comfortable and clean and there are curtains for your privacy and not to be disturbed y the light.

The bad thing is when you have the highest one, you can't reach it without climbing the ladder, so you have to make your bed while you are in. Nothing to hang your stuff, so always go up and down the 3 bunk beds and it was very high...

The showers : they are on the basement of the building and to reach them you have to go through an endless maze. At least, it was clean.

Check out : every body checked out at the same time, so I spent 20 minutes in a queue, when I finally reached an available counter, they asked me for the little paper given at check in they only told me to put it against the bed, no way to check out without it, I had to go back to the room and spend another 20 minutes queuing, and I then noticed that there were many people going back for the same reason, if they would explain that you have to bring back this for the check out it would really help on saving time.....

Poor atmosphere.

Choose that place only if you want a central location and will not stay more than one or two days.
The very tall bunk beds
Narrow rooms
Bed with nice curtains.
Eric says:
Yes, thanks for the helpful and thorough review!
Posted on: May 14, 2009
Vikram says:
Nice review, thanks for posting! I've always liked how elaborate you are.
Posted on: May 13, 2009