Smart City Hostels Edinburgh

Smart City Hostels Edinburgh Rates and Deals

Smart City Hostels Edinburgh Reviews

yoanna87 yoanna87
Good hostel in the great location Jul 28, 2011
I stayed at Smart City Hostel for two nights when travelling solo to Edinburgh. I booked a 12 bed dorm.

The room was spacious so it was easy to move around and there was more than enough space for all the luggage and stuff. The beds were ordinary, typical hostel bunk beds. There is a small reading lamp for everybody which is very useful. The lockers are big but unfortunately I was not able to lock mine - my padlock was too big for it, even though it is quite small and I've never had such a problem before. So make sure you bring a really tiny one.

I was surprised to see that a towel was included, which was nice as you don't get it too often at the hostels these days. There was en suite bathroom - another nice thing about this hostel. And it was pretty big - there were two sinks, two toilets and two showers. I never had to queue or anything. And the hostel was quite clean.

The only thing I didn't like was that there was no free Internet available. But if you do need to use it you can pay for it. And there is also Internet cafe just next door.

I really enjoyed my stay there. The location is just perfect so nothing was far away - the train station was just 5mins away and the castle 10mins or so. I can recommend this hostel to everybody who needs a nice, cheap, clean place to stay in a great location in Edinburgh.
tazmania tazmania
Nice Stay at Smart City Hostels Sep 28, 2011
Smart City Hostels is very good hostel where located in the city center. I stayed there with 4 friends for 4 nights. The room was very clean, the beds were comfy and it's place to keep luggage and personal items. The bathroom and shower were located inside the rooms and clean.

There is a bar & restaurant at the ground level call "Bar50" where you can hang out and used free wifi. The food's good and quite cheap.

The staff was nice and helpful.
Pytheus Pytheus
comfortable place at the city center Jun 18, 2011
Very close to Royal Mile and all atractions of the old city. Clean and relaxing place at the ground floor there s a bar with live musik some nights. I payed for a bed at a 4 beds room but i had all the room mine.
TRE69 TRE69
Smart City Hostel...An Excellent Start to My Hostel Staying Experience Dec 26, 2007
After much research, I could not have found a better place to place to spend my first hostel stay EVER than Smart City Hostel Edinburgh!

In terms of location, this places is fabulous. It is just a short stroll from Waverly Bridge, where the airport bus stops, and Waverly Train Station. Plus it is located just down the Royal Mile from Edinburgh Castle.

My first impression of the hostel was its cleanliness. Not only did it look clean but it smelled clean and fresh! The decor was modern which added to the clean and appealing look of the place.

I booked a 6 bed mixed dorm room for $29.44USD (this was in Dec 2007). The room itself was spacious too. The hostel room was en suite (toilet and shower in the room)...but then again all of them are. Towel and bed linens are included.

The room had individual lockers with enough space to accommodate my luggage and carry-on. Plus each bed space has its own reading light and electrical outlet so you charge your personal electronics close by. The bedding was sufficient as I was able to get a very restful sleep.

I think my only gripe about the place was the shower closet...there were no hooks or shelves to stash my towel or toiletries. I eventually hung my towel on the door knob.

As for the fun factor and character of the place, it depends on the people staying there.

For me, it was only a place to shower and sleep but they do have their own pub on-site and they did throw a New Year's Eve party with a DJ spinning tunes.

Overall, I highly recommend this hostel because of its location and amenities. I would most definitely stay here again the next time I visit Scotland. My future hostel stays have a tough act to follow!
Smart City Hostel Reception area
Internet Hub
Lounge area near Reception
Lounge area adjacent to the on-sit…

Smart City Hostels Amenities

• Bicycle Rental
  • Shops
  • Excursions
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels