Smallville, Iloilo City, Philippines
Smallville21 - bathroom
Smallville21 - bathroom
Smallville21 - view from my room
Smallville21 - close-up of insect on my floor
Smallville21 - insects on my window!!!
Smallville21 - dead insects on my floor!!!

Check Iloilo City Hotel Deals

Smallville21 Iloilo City Reviews

vanessadawn vanessad…
Smallville21 Jun 12, 2011
Smallville21 is located at the Smallville Compound in Mandurriao, Iloilo. It is newly built so everything is clean and brand new. Location is excellent since it in inside the Smallville compound where the nightlife is, hence it is in the heart of the nightlife central. The compound is where most of the Ilonggos from teenagers to yuppies and businessmen go to for dinner and drinks. They provide transfers but with additional fee and if you want to ride a cab, there's always one waiting at the hotel door. There are two (2) other hotels within the compound since it is kind of a tourist spot.

My only problem and the biggest turn-off was when i stayed there, the 2nd night, my room was infested with bugs from outside and by the time the window from the hallway was shut, there were so many insects that had gone in. At first, they sprayed a pesticide which is bothersome to me, and then they just let the insects fall on the floor without even cleaning them up. I'm not sure why the housekeeping staff didn't clean the dead insects, i just thought maybe they are new and clueless. The same night, the insects kept coming in walking thru my front door and so i complained again, and this time the staff opted to put a scotch tape around my door so the insects could not come inside the room. It was such a hassle... but the staff were very helpful. The next night i checked the window in the hallway and it was shut, Thank God!

I would recommend the hotel, as it is not that expensive for a fancy clean hotel, but only problem is I can't give the assurance they have already dealt with their problems with the insects.
hotel room