Smalleye Backpacker

46 Houche Lane, Lukang, Taiwan

Compare Lugang Hotel Rates (0.1km away)

Smalleye Backpacker Lukang Reviews

davejo davejo
Clean and good location Feb 11, 2017
I booked this guest house several months in advance but i need not have done so as it was off-season with just a few guests.. I had difficulty finding it, even though the GH had sent me details of the location. Anyway you have to go to the intersection of Mincyuan and Zhongshan Roads and take Mincyuan road in a westward direction. After 20 m you will find Houche Lane on the right. Walk up the Lane and the Small Eye will be on your left just before Lukang gate.

I found that the reception area had lots of information but the room was a bit cluttered up. The girl gave me a map and explained the main sites to visit, but the problem was that the map had been hand drawn and was all in Chinese so when i tried to find my way around Lukang it was pretty useless. There was a common room with a book exchange (mostly Chinese), a place to cook should you desire, two washing machines that you had to pay 25 NT$ for powder each time you used it. The GH has two floors and i stayed in a dormitory which had dividers which split it into 3 sections. There was a curtain which you could pull across your bed at night ---- a nice touch i thought. The dormitory had two air conditioners and some fans, and each person had there own power supply and LED light. To sum it up, the place was adequate as it had everything that i needed, , great location and friendly staff. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
davejo davejo
good location, friendly staff, clean and safe Feb 06, 2017

DAO says:
Very good review. Sounds like a winner.
Posted on: Feb 06, 2017

Compare Lugang Hotel Rates (0.1km away)

Lukang Map