Slows Bar BQ

Slows Bar BQ - cup of chili

Slows Bar BQ Detroit Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Slows BBQ = The reason Jul 21, 2008
I was in my way back to Lima and had to go to DTW. We arrived early, so we had a bit of free time. Although it wasn't enough to visit downtown. So Eric suggested to do something representative from the city. Having the local beer.

Ok, where should we go? To Slows BBQ. I didn't know it but this is considered the best bbq in Detroit. Besides they had a great beer menu and I'd be able to taste the local beer. By the way, I had the Motor City Ghettoblaster. I'm not a fan of the malt, but it was good for the experience. Anyway they serve different beers.

We weren't hungry but had a Chili Cup, which is hearty, meaty chili, with spice and smoke. Eric told me he used to come here for the Reason (?). This is one of the best known sandwiches of this place and a lot of people come here just to have it. He ordered 1 and I tried it too.

Well, I don't eat pork usually, but have to be honest and say it was really good. It is smoked pulled pork, with NC sauce and topped with coleslaw & pickles.

We arrived when the place was empty, but when we leave it was getting packed. So I assume you might have to wait if you are there at peak times.

The different sauces they serve are on the bar and on the table. Have fun trying them, while you are waiting for your food. Well, so did I, hehe.
trying local beer
cup of chili
the reason
Atomicrose says:
Nice review on Slows! I love this place, and definately agree with cthunder about the macaroni and cheese. If you come around dinner time, expect at least an hour wait. (But it's WORTH the wait)
PS..last time I was there we saw Ryan Gosling who was in town filming a movie. :)
Posted on: Nov 01, 2011
cthunder86 says:
I def recommend getting their Mac and Cheese. There sandwhich with three kinds of pork (ham, bacon and pulled pork) is very good and filling too.
Posted on: Oct 04, 2011