Slocum House

www.slocum-house.com - (916) 961-7211

Slocum House Fair Oaks Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Brunch on the Patio Jun 07, 2009
This is great place to take a date or just to hang out with friends. I have been going to the Slocum House since I was in high school and all of my memories have been positive. Today’s brunch was no different. My friend Judy Bravo and her husband wanted to take me somewhere a little more special for my visit this year and decided that we would go back into the future for brunch.

The place has been around for years and they charm hasn’t changed. They have a wonderful patio that not only host dinner guest in the summer, but weddings and special parties. Guest are treated to live harp music as well as the cocking, is that a word, of the Fair Oaks roosters. The roosters, if you are not careful, will plop up and join you for dinner and sometimes they will even bring a date with them. This is all a part of the great ambiance created at this local favorite. This week was also the first week of the new executive chef. He seems o be doing alright.

The food is also really good. We had the brunch menu today which runs about $20 a head. It includes unlimited trips to the chocolate fountain just perfect for all the fruit, scones and croissants just waiting to be showered in chocolate. You can also choose between a mimosa, champagne or juice to go along with your brunch. The orange juice is fresh squeezed and just great. The freshly brewed coffee is also a hit.

I had the New Zealand salmon poached in Ginger- Lemongrass. Great! It also came with potatoes and eggs. They had other things like omelets on the menu. My friend Judy wanted an all white egg omelet and they were very accommodating.
The Slocum House