Slippery Noodle Inn

(317) 631-6974

Slippery Noodle Inn Indianapolis Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Indiana's Oldest Bar with Great Live Blues Music May 06, 2011
The Slippery Noodle Inn is a large old bar and restaurant located downtown Indianapolis. It was the venue of our Travbuddy Pre meet-up over mother's day weekend. It is the oldest continuously operating bar in Indianapolis, attracting large crowds over the weekend for live music. We occupied the upstairs section, close to the bar and with easy view of the band from above.

I must say, for the setting and space, the music was much too loud, for being blues, and I did not feel the soul in it, but many others thought it great! When music is too loud, it hurts the ears, making it hard to enjoy it. The band plays daily from what I gathered. The service was commendable considering we had only 1 guy serving us and he did a great job of remembering everyone's order. The food was good, well at least the breaded mushroom that I ordered. Quite a large serving for only $5.

My martini was not what I expected it to be, the bartender was unable to make any other kind of martini except a dirty one. Well, I did not like it, so I ended up having rum and cola the rest of the evening.

All in all, it was a nice venue for our meeting, I only wish the music was not as loud as there were a few new Travbuddies I should have liked to talk with more. Now I can say I have been there, done that.

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can accomplish today!
Africancrab says:
Posted on: May 15, 2011
pacificscorpio says:
"Shaken, not stirred"
Posted on: May 15, 2011
pearcetoyou pearceto…
Slippery Noodle May 30, 2011
The Slippery Noodle was our rendezvous point for the first night at the Indianapolis TravBuddy meet-up. This is a great downtown bar/club with a lot of character. It has a rich is the oldest commercial building left standing in Indianapolis (established in 1850) and at various times the Inn served as stables, a way station for the underground railroad during the Civil War, a bordello, and a place to target practice for the Dillinger gang. From the time I heard the name "Slippery Noodle" I wondered where the name came from, but the only thing I learned is that the name was thrown out as a suggestion back in 1963 and that's what the Yeagy family decided on. It has won numerous awards, such as "Best Bar", "Best Blues Bar", and "Best Live Music Venue".

What I really liked about this place is that there are several different areas divided up into their own rooms. There is a bar when you first enter and then as you progress towards the rear there is a hall with more rooms off of this hallway, and then there is an upstairs. The upstairs also has a bar and looks down onto the dancefloor and stage. Our TB group chose the upstairs area above the dance floor. The staff who waited on us did a fine job, and the gin and tonics were awesome! Lucas Oil Stadium can be seen just down the street.
In front of the Slippery Noodle
First entering
Daive says:
Funny name ;)
pearcetoyou says:
Oh really?? haha
vances says:
Used to work outside of Indy and if I searched could probably find my Slippery Noodle t-shirt purchased circa 1986 (well, if my wife has tossed it, lol)...

Check Indianapolis Hotel Deals