Sleepzone Galway City

Check Galway Hotel Deals

Sleepzone Galway City Reviews

kkrater kkrater
Terrible Service (Even for a Hostel) May 10, 2010
I have nothing against hostels, I've stayed in a few that have been nice enough. Unfortunately, the Sleepzone Galway doesn't fall in to the nice enough category.

When we arrived I parked the car in a parking garage next door. Seemed like an obvious place since the entrance to the hostel was only feet away. When I told the front desk attendant, he said something to the effect of, "Dude that sucks". This was basically the attitude of the whole place. They had no desire to help their customers.

The rooms were small, not very clean and the bathroom was in a similar condition.

The only positive is the hostel is in a decent location. Overall, I can't recommend this place to anyone.
HuBison says:
Ouch-sorry to hear you didn't have a review of this place before you got there. I have been trying to remember to put all of my review from here onto TripAdvisor, which is another site I live by, but don't put my reviews on there as much.
Posted on: Mar 15, 2011
mainhart mainhart
Very helpful! Oct 21, 2009
I haven't stayed at hostels too often. I usually try and stay at pensions with a buddy. But this was my second European sojourn of the year and I was travelling alone, so I had to go cheap. The Sleepzone in Galway fit the bill. I got my own room, which was important. I'm too old to be sharing a room with strangers who will be experiencing various states of inebriation. My room also had a private bath. However, let me be clear this was not a single or double room. The room had three sets of bunkbeds. I was just the only one booked in it. This was fine with me. The staff were VERY friendly and helpful. They offered advice and discounted tours to the spectacular sights the West of Ireland has to offer. There was a nice lively common area, with a kitchen (which I did not use). There was also free internet access which was very helpful. Apparently there is a network of Sleepzones across beautiful western Ireland, and you can arrange a trip utilizing all of them somehow. Sleepzone definitely made me more open to using hostels in the future.

Related Travel Blogs About Sleepzone Galway City

Made it...
To Galway.  Arrived at the Sleepzone Hostel in Galway.  Very nice city.  Headed over to the Eyres Center, took more pictures, walked down the small streets and checked out the shops.&n…Sleepzone Hostel in Galway.  Very nice city.  Headed over to the Eyres Center, took more pictures, walked…

Check Galway Hotel Deals