Sleeper train to Rovaniemi

www.vr.fi/en - see the website

Sleeper train to Rovaniemi Reviews

hujera hujera
A great way to travel to Lapland Jul 06, 2013
I travelled by the sleeper from Helsinki to Rovaniemi and only can recommend the experience, of course, if you are willing to pay the amount, which is about the same as a bus, but flights can be cheaper.

How the train looks like? Actually it is a set of double decker coaches (you can get also seats in the single deckers). The upper decks compartments are en-suite with bathrooms and own WC (the price is also therefore higher, than the lower deck).

I travelled on the lower deck - the compartments are for 22 passengers, some of them can be connected, so usual 2 pax compartment could be good for families and friends creating 4 bed compartments. Berths are quite long (I reckon 2.1 metres / 7 feet), so they are quite comfortable. You can find small basins in the compartments, a small seat and an alarm clock, that you can set before your station arrival. The doors are open by key cards and the toilets and a bathroom by a black card for those...

Toilets are 2 - 1 standard and a disabled one. The bathroom is quite small, but having a shower was good enough even for me having more than 190 cm / 6 feet 4 inches. You'll get a towel, 2 small cups with drinking water with your bed. It is better to have some drinks with, specially in the warm periods of the year.

I enjoyed the trip, got on at 7pm in Helsinki and got off early morning in Rovaniemi. If you don't mind spending for a berth, I'd say yes for trying the sleeper.
A ticket can be booked with Deutsc…
Departure from Helsinki
hujera says:
The sleepers in Finland are not cheap, but affordable. I was lucky, as I got a discount due to my work. The train is modern and it is a bit like a hotel on the wheels.
Posted on: Jul 05, 2013
jeanh2 says:
Sounds like a great train. Since my Indian railway trip I'm looking out for train travel. Did Eurostar and the Thalys Train to Amsterdam a few weeks back ... but no sleepers there of course. Checking out the transAustralia but that is expensive ...
Posted on: Jul 02, 2013